• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BAD ENDING

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: Which anime has the worst final episode(s) ever?

I just finished watching Trinity Blood ep 24 and I feel like I just got completely shafted with the ending. Sure, I respect that the original story never got finished officially and that there were budget and time constraints, but really not cool! As a whole, the series was great, but the final episode left too much to be desired plotwise (both explanations of the previous episodes and the story to come) and seemed extremely rushed.

WTB season two :(

Bay

Years
    Does the 26th episode of Excel Saga count as an ending? If so, I would have to say that last episode is just...a WTF moment there for me, due to how that episode went too far with the explicit content. If not, maybe I'll edit this post as soon as I remember the endings of the animes I watched so far. XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan; they ended it in the middle of freaking series!! >=OO​

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Shaman King, at least they went and fixed it by making an extra series in the manga.

Also Special A, how dare they make the anime 25 episodes long and stop at 99 chapters for the manga. Why was it so rushed? They work for Shoujo, they don't need to be rushed like Weekly Shonen mangas.

Years
    Evangelion's alternate ending/movie anyone? It was basically "Okay, you don't want to have the characters' emotions reconciled? We'll just rip their bloody guts apart on the big screen!"

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Vampire Knight Guilty had a fairly lacklustre ending- I know not many chapters of the manga had been released at the time, but still... I didn't watch 26 episodes of an anime for it to end with them walking off to stay at someone else's house for a while. o_o;

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Hellsing, it should have last longer as a Manga and as an Anime.. However the OVAs look nice.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Only one I can really think of is Neon Genesis Evangelion, only because it's so widely known as having a horrible ending. I do remember thinking "what the hell? that's it?" at the end, but over the years I've come to understand it, and I really don't mind it at all.

Back