• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Experiences

Lana.

*spin*
Years
  • Getting my tonsils out sucked. Really bad. I never realized how much I actually swallow without realizing until it hurt every time I did. I couldn't talk without pain, I couldn't eat anything rough or crunchy. I lived on chicken noodle soup and ice cream - I couldn't eat soup until a long time afterward.

But it was worth it - I no longer have terrible allergy-related flare-ups, and I don't get sick nearly as often (turns out my tonsils were chronically infected, which led to a lot of problems for me).

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Wisdom teeth. Horribly painful when I wasn't on my meds, and mildly painful when I was. I think they didn't do it perfectly or something, because I didn't take my meds on time once or twice and was in excruciating pain.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Wisdom teeth. Horribly painful when I wasn't on my meds, and mildly painful when I was. I think they didn't do it perfectly or something, because I didn't take my meds on time once or twice and was in excruciating pain.
    Lol, wisdom teeth. Mine were still inside my gums when they took mine out. My face felt like a giant brick.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    When they had to remove my appendage (don't know what it's called in english, but it's on the right side of your body, and it doesn't have any purpose, it's just....there.)
    Couldn't laugh for a while. oh, and I sat in a wheelchair for six months because of a desease. Before that, I was six months in bed (same desease). Had to take some big needles. :(
    I skipped first grade because of different desease.
    So I am a very sick boy! XD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • When they had to remove my appendage (don't know what it's called in english, but it's on the right side of your body, and it doesn't have any purpose, it's just....there.)
    Couldn't laugh for a while. oh, and I sat in a wheelchair for six months because of a desease. Before that, I was six months in bed (same desease). Had to take some big needles. :(
    I skipped first grade because of different desease.
    So I am a very sick boy! XD
    You mean an appendix. An appendage is an arm or leg, and its removal would be called an amputation.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Nothing as serious as some of the things posted but...

When I was in grade 1, I had to get a cyst removed from my eyebrow. Well, the day I had to get it removed, was the day my class was going on a field trip to a sheep farm. I really wanted to go to that sheep farm. :( Then I had stitches right above my eye for a while, which just got me a lot of weird stares...

And every time I get my braces tightened I can't eat hard food and my teeth absolutely kill for about a week. :P

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Nothing as serious as some of the things posted but...

When I was in grade 1, I had to get a cyst removed from my eyebrow. Well, the day I had to get it removed, was the day my class was going on a field trip to a sheep farm. I really wanted to go to that sheep farm. :( Then I had stitches right above my eye for a while, which just got me a lot of weird stares...

And every time I get my braces tightened I can't eat hard food and my teeth absolutely kill for about a week. :P
    OH MAN, same thing here with the braces.
    Yesterday I was really sick and I had to get my braces taken off, and now today I'm sneezing all the time and I can't eat anything. It sucks.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    i cut my leg open when i crashed my bike.(it really suck it would hurt to walk)

Years
  • Yes, when I had my tonsillectomy it was honest to God one of the most painful and horrible experiences I have had. I couldn't eat for ages, I lost so much weight when I was stuck in hospital, I was sick alot because of the meds and doses of morphine they were giving me and after two weeks of hospital I got to go home and the following night was brought back to A&E with hemorrhaging in my throat. I was in for another bit and the pain was unreal. It bad for me because of how infected my tonsills were and after the operation the wounds were infected then. Was God awful!!!

Back