• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen BAD NEWS ABOUT ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ATTENTION POKEFANS!!!

I just watched J-Wittz's latest Nintendo News and learned that X/Y will NOT be patched to allow the new mega pokemon of OR/AS.

This means that if you want to experience the new megas in competitive play You have to cart your pokemon to OR/AS.

If you're a competitive player, I bet you have at least 20 boxes full of pokemon you bred for battle. At 30 Pokes per box, that's at least 600 Pokemon.

So unless you like carting that many Pokemon, I suggest you send a message to Game Freak by not buying OR/AS until they patch X/Y.

You also can't customize your character in OR/AS, but that's not as important.

Since apparently I can't post links yet, the name of the video on YouTube is "SIX More Mega Evolutions! - Nintendo News" and the bad news starts around 3:17.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Is this not rectified with PokeBank? Pokebank has a whopping 100 Banks/Boxes of storage, which would carry out the transfer between X/Y and previous generations to ORAS without a hitch. Not to mention you can mass transfer boxes to the cloud, so I don't see this being a major problem for most people. Direct trade is also an option, but not as effective, but we will have a way to bring over the Stones from XY.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I was sort of expecting that anyway. The more pokemon exclusive to ORAS, the more incentive for people to get the game, and they'll also have to get Pokemon Bank too. All my pokemon are already in the Bank so I'm ready for ORAS.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Hahah. Yeah mate Poke-bank is gonna span for a while and be functional with at least all 6th gen games. So that 'carting' of 600 pokemon will be more like, 20 drag and drop clicks. I don't think we need to start attempting to incite boycotts to change anything about the series quite yet. They already have a considerable amount of competition on the competitive demographic from simulators such as showdown and... er, well Showdown kinda muscled out the competition. But yeah, a fair amount just play the sims anyways. So this isn't an abandon ship moment imo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back