• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Bag editing

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
  • Hello everyone!
    I am currently trying to edit the bag in my hack, I managed to changed the bag himself but I want to edit the palette of the bag menu, but I can't manage to find it....Does anyone know where can I find this ?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Do some searching in a hex editor by finding the colors in VBA's palette viewer. Also, be aware that the boy and girl have two separate palettes for the bag.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Do some searching in a hex editor by finding the colors in VBA's palette viewer. Also, be aware that the boy and girl have two separate palettes for the bag.

As far as I remember boy and girl don't have separate palette for the bag image. Instead both uses the same palette.

EDIT:
    And bags background is a compressed palette.
    It is compressed in a very weird format. Even if you search manually you will not find full Palette ( in a hex editor).
    Though you can ask Ruki. She knows how to do bags palette and image change. She did that in her hack Ice Silver and Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    As far as I remember boy and girl don't have separate palette for the bag image. Instead both uses the same palette.

EDIT:
    And bags background is a compressed palette.
    It is compressed in a very weird format. Even if you search manually you will not find full Palette ( in a hex editor).
    Though you can ask Ruki. She knows how to do bags palette and image change. She did that in her hack Ice Silver and Ragnarok.

I know for a fact that there are two because I had to edit two separate palettes to get them to display the same colors.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • It's not working w/ VBA because it's a compressed palette
    sorry using literally a phone right now so text lingo yay

1.) take ur color u want and put it into ape or w/e u use
    2.) note the hex value it gives you
    3.) refer to this doc for palette locations and hex values
    4.) replace the colors in the order you desire (i.e. the order in irfanview)

if you need colors manually, i can tell you how to do that as well :P

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • sorry using literally a phone right now so text lingo yay

1.) take ur color u want and put it into ape or w/e u use
    2.) note the hex value it gives you
    3.) refer to this doc for palette locations and hex values
    4.) replace the colors in the order you desire (i.e. the order in irfanview)

if you need colors manually, i can tell you how to do that as well :P

Managed to it thanks ! Have the offset for the pokemon menu too ?

Back