• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bag of Everything

Years
  • Yeah, it seems like a good time to start a new thread. I'm sort of out of my rut now and have been working on some new things that I haven't shown around yet. Feedback on anything here, even the old stuff, would be great. Anything you want to say or ask, really, would be welcome. Except requests. Use vms or something else if you're going to do that. Oh, and no, you can't use anything here. Sorry. :(

new and new-ish stuff:

This is my new pixel passion and the bulk of what I've been working on lately: VS sprites! They're all mostly completely new or revamped from earlier attempts. I'm working up the nerve to try some with more depth and perspective.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next are a bunch of mismatched things. Mostly just playing around and trying new things out. The Surskit retype is scratched. The bunny-looking thing is a fusion. The cake is a lie.

picture.php
    picture.php

The green bricks were made with the help of a tutorial I found somewhere on pixiv, btw.

I've got a couple of sprites in the Communitydex, but these are the ones I like the most. The ocelot was specified to be a steel-type, but I wasn't thinking about that when I made it, hence the recolor.

picture.php

And now rounding it out with some work showing the official pokes.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

some of my older work:

I wanted to show off some samples of old work I've done. Most of this I haven't changed since I made it however long ago, except the pink bug which I've cleaned up some more.

Gen III sized sprites. The backsprites are based from other people's designs.

picture.php
    picture.php

And some Gen IV sized ones. First three were made by request from someone's drawings.

picture.php
    picture.php

And that's it for now.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I think I've seen most of that before, apart from the VS. Sprites, and it's all still good. The VS. Sprites are really good though, almost better than the Pokémon sprites at the bottom. Most of them look straight out of the games. There are, however, a couple problems with some. They all have black outlines, except for the fourth one. The other problem is the second to last, where the glove looks a little 2d.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The guy with the glove looks like he is going to give me a prostate exam. D:
    In all seriousness, they look great Scarf. And I notice some of the older work is from Sienna. :) The VS Sprites look nice, although the guy with the white stripe through his hair's mouth looks a bit of. I don't know, the expression is a bit wierd. Apart from that, they look great. And I'm only pointing out small things because your work is so great. :P

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    These are very nice scarf.... not that I would expect anyless...
    Also, am I the only one who thinks the guy with the glove in the VS sprites looks.... wrong?... (In a medical profession way, not a sprite way.)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Hey, leave the poor gloved guy alone. Prostate health is very important.

Wow, Scarf, everything is looking great! The eye colors on some of the vs sprites are a bit too light/bright though, it makes them look... Well, spooky. That aside, it's incredible how good you've gotten; your design sense and ability to transfer it to pixels is just uncanny. I remember the original version on that sea cucumber, from around when you first joined PC... Has it really been two years? Wow.

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • As always, AMAZING. That's all I can say. The VS Sprites are simply beautiful. Well done Scarf :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Hey, leave the poor gloved guy alone. Prostate health is very important.

Wow, Scarf, everything is looking great! The eye colors on some of the vs sprites are a bit too light/bright though, it makes them look... Well, spooky. That aside, it's incredible how good you've gotten; your design sense and ability to transfer it to pixels is just uncanny. I remember the original version on that sea cucumber, from around when you first joined PC... Has it really been two years? Wow.

I know, it just reminds me of that episode from Family Guy~ :P Honestly, I believe he is very well designed. :D

Adding onto my earlier post, you are very talented at VS Sprited. The anatomy, the design... everything, I'm kinda jealous. XD But seriously, they are great. :D

Blizzard-Prince

digitalARTIST not for hire
    Years
  • Nice sprites, though I know saying those two words doesn't actually do anything to improve you, so...

CRITIQUE TIME~ <3

picture.php

- The second sprite's hand closest to us is at an odd angle. Maybe try to rotate it a bit so that it's more similar to the further hand?

picture.php

- The second Bianca's left arm (which means its to our right side) is a bit thinner compared to the other.

picture.php

- Is that a spark-plug tail? If it is, try lengthening the steel ends just a tiny bit. Lovin' your scratches~

picture.php

- The cake is indeed a lie. D:

Years
  • Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I think I've seen most of that before, apart from the VS. Sprites, and it's all still good. The VS. Sprites are really good though, almost better than the Pokémon sprites at the bottom. Most of them look straight out of the games. There are, however, a couple problems with some. They all have black outlines, except for the fourth one. The other problem is the second to last, where the glove looks a little 2d.
    The fourth one I was experimenting with and had meant to use as a replacement for the more typically colored one I'd been using as an avatar for a while, but I never got around to it. D: I know it's not typical, but I wanted to try something different to make it "softer" looking by using my darkest color as something less than black. No good?

I don't see the 2D-ness, but I'll see if I can make it better anyway.

The guy with the glove looks like he is going to give me a prostate exam. D:
    In all seriousness, they look great Scarf. And I notice some of the older work is from Sienna. :) The VS Sprites look nice, although the guy with the white stripe through his hair's mouth looks a bit of. I don't know, the expression is a bit wierd. Apart from that, they look great. And I'm only pointing out small things because your work is so great. :P
    Cough, please. I'd intended for that sprite to be some kind of detective who collects clues and things, but it was plain looking so the hand needed something else and if you watch cop shows they use gloves, too, so... yeah. I know how it looks.

And that mouth, you're right. I wanted to pass it off as just an expression, but, well, I have to work hard to make sprites of people that don't have weird proportions and so on.

Hey, leave the poor gloved guy alone. Prostate health is very important.

Not quite two years yet. So which ones look spooky? I wanted the one on the bottom left to look like someone who'd stay up all night watching television. If you mean the bottom right one then that's because I never changed the light blue from the paint default color. You caught me. I'm a bit inconsistent on how I'm doing these VS sprites since I'm still looking for some consistent way of making them.

Nice sprites, though I know saying those two words doesn't actually do anything to improve you, so...

CRITIQUE TIME~ <3

picture.php

- The second sprite's hand closest to us is at an odd angle. Maybe try to rotate it a bit so that it's more similar to the further hand?

picture.php

- The second Bianca's left arm (which means its to our right side) is a bit thinner compared to the other.

picture.php

- Is that a spark-plug tail? If it is, try lengthening the steel ends just a tiny bit. Lovin' your scratches~

picture.php

- The cake is indeed a lie. D:
    Yes, the angle is a little off. I... can't quite get it to look right. How should I rotate it exactly?

For the arm: I didn't notice, but now I can't not see it. Will have to fix.

The tail is supposed to be... I think it was a water cannon. Something like that. I don't even know what a spark plug looks like. xD

Thanks again for the comments.

Years
  • I worked a little on fixing that one mug shot.

33y2b0m.jpg

And I'm working on some new things. This is a WIP.

91bhv6.png

And these were some quick sprites someone asked me to make. Designs aren't mind.

2u8dq1i.png
    6oima1.png
    15nltu0.png
    4v5kq9.png

Years
  • More stuff.

Made some changes to one of the VS sprites.

zus55y.png

A background. I'm not sure if it's got enough detail or color. I don't normally work on anything this size so I'm generally note sure what would look best.

2eflqhh.jpg

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • More stuff.

Made some changes to one of the VS sprites.

zus55y.png

A background. I'm not sure if it's got enough detail or color. I don't normally work on anything this size so I'm generally note sure what would look best.

2eflqhh.jpg

Wowzers. That battle background looks amazing! Seriously.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Loving the battle BG. For the VS sprite though ... His eyes is supposed to be closed, yes? I think it would look better if you lowered it on the face.

Years
  • Loving the battle BG. For the VS sprite though ... His eyes is supposed to be closed, yes? I think it would look better if you lowered it on the face.
    Well, it's supposed to be a smarmy wink, but I'll try it.

zus55y.png
    20atdae.png

A little better, maybe?

Here's another change.

204jrd.png

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I think that looks. But if you moved his eye, his eyebrow should be lowered a bit too. As for the new sprite, I like that you're going for an interesting pose, but her arm is bending far too early, it's looks like it's almost coming out of her shoulder.

Years
  • I think that looks. But if you moved his eye, his eyebrow should be lowered a bit too. As for the new sprite, I like that you're going for an interesting pose, but her arm is bending far too early, it's looks like it's almost coming out of her shoulder.
    I was trying for the arm being bent more at the wrist rather than just straight out, but I see what you're saying. It doesn't look like that. I'll have to change. I just don't know how to get the effect I'm looking for.

2yobonr.png

This is more of the position I want, but something is still off about everything.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The angle is certainly better. What are your size restrictions? Maybe you could move it a little farther from her body?

Back