• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Bag Screen with interactable Party (v21)

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
Years
  • Hey there, how are you all?
    With this plugin that I'm sharing with you, your Bag Screen will now have space for your party too. You can interact with them, give, use, move and take items. Just like the newer Pokémon games do!

Bag Screen with interactable Party
    Bag Screen with interactable Party (v21)

Features:

• By pressing the Special button (which by default is D), you can access your party and check each Pokémon's summary and, if it's holding an item, you can take it or move to another Pokémon;
    • The "Items" and "TMs & HMs" pockets will now show if any Pokémon on your party can use a specific item or can learn a specific move by TM/HM/TR. When not on these pockets, it will show the Pokémon's HP;
    • When using an item, you'll be using the party on the left side instead of having to open the Party Screen;
    • This plugin comes with a Settings script for you to choose which background version suits more your game style, and if you want Pokérus and/or shiny icons to appear;
    • The Bag Screen obviously works in any context, in battles, choosing and using any items.

Installation:
    Spoiler:

Extra: I recommend you to use TechSkylander1518's SwSh Item Icon pack if you are aiming for a Gen 8 style.

If you have any suggestions or get any error using the script, please contact me here or on Discord, diegowt.
    That's all, don't forget to credit me (DiegoWT).
    Do not redistribute this resource anywhere

Last edited:

DiegoWT

Years
  • New update!
    - Fixed a visual error while fusing two Pokémon;
    - Fixed one script function, if you are using the first version, then you'll need to do one specific thing from the installation tutorial to use the new version;
    - The plugin now supports Gen 8 Project and ZUD Plugin.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I really liked your script and I will use it in my digimon project, thanks!

But I have a doubt. How can I change the font color of the options? (Items, TM's, Key Items, etc.)

DiegoWT

Years
  • I really liked your script and I will use it in my digimon project, thanks!

But I have a doubt. How can I change the font color of the options? (Items, TM's, Key Items, etc.)

Do you mean pocket names? If so, then go to lines 409 and 410 and edit the POCKETNAMEBASECOLOR and POCKETNAMESHADOWCOLOR variables.

Last edited:

DiegoWT

Years
  • Where can I find the script to edit? There is no in the download file

Just go to Plugins/Bag Screen with interactable Party/Script.rb and you'll find the script.
    Maybe you might need a program for opening the script file, but Notepad might be enough. Anyway, since you're going to modify the script for an older Essentials version, you should paste it on your script lists.

DiegoWT

Years
  • New Update!
    - Fixed a bug where using a Poké Ball during a double battle would make the Party panels show up above the Battle scene;
    - Fixed a bug where the bag doesn't update the Party positions while in battle, even though they're changed;
    - It was needed to replace the second step in the installation tutorial for fixing the first bug.

Last edited:

DiegoWT

Years
  • New Update (more like of a hotfix)!
    - Fixed a crash when trying to use a TM/HM/TR.
    If you do not wish to download the new version (v1.5 hotfix), just go to line 1205 in Script.rb and replace
    Code:
    (itm.is_machine? && @party.length>0)
    with
    Code:
    ((itm.is_machine? && $Trainer.party.length>0)

Last edited:

DiegoWT

Years
  • New update!
    - Added two background styles to choose from the Settings, also reworked some specific layout things (I've left two images that I don't use anymore with "_old" in the name for user customization purposes);
    - Altered the "NOT ABLE" text to "UNABLE";
    - Made the Able/NotAble status on the Items pocket only show on evolution items;
    - Altered the TM/HM/TR item interaction text to be more similar to the original games;
    - Removed unnecessary codes;
    - Fixed a bug where the scrolling sound effect would play even though the bag is empty or if you had already reached the top or bottom of the item list.

DiegoWT

Years
  • New update!
    - Fully updated the script to work with Essentials v20, and abandoned support to older versions;
    - Updated the credits;
    - Now when the party is being selected, the item list cursor will change;
    - The interface was slightly changed.

DiegoWT

Years
  • New Update (more like of a hotfix)!
    - Fixed a crash that happens when opening the bag while the background color setting is based on the HGSS style.
    If you already downloaded the previous version and don't want to download the hotfix version, then just follow this instruction: Change the line 544 in Script.rb (from my Plugin's folder) to
    Code:
    case @bag.last_viewed_pocket

DiegoWT

Years
  • New Update (v2.5.0):
    - Updated layout:
    --> Added a bounce animation to the pockets' icons when changing pockets;
    --> Added different cursors to match properly what the player is doing on the bag item list;
    --> Now the current selection of the items/party members is easier to see;
    --> Added two Pokérus icons for Pokémon that were cured or not;
    --> Other minor changes.
    - Added two new options to the Settings, now the player can choose if they want a Pokérus icon to appear when it should, the same for the shiny icon;
    - Updated to v21, and abandoned support to the older version.

Back