• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ballte Institute vs. Battle Spot

Sneakyarrow

Pokemon Breader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Is the Battle Institute a good judge at how you are going to do against real people in The Battle Center? I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I really don't like to lose (not that I would turn my game off, I am not a bad sport, at least not against humans), and I just want to know how badly I will get my rear handed to me. I do really well against two or three teams then one team comes along and roflstomps me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yes and no. Some level of skill is required to do well in the Battle Institute/Maison, so if you're getting your ass handed to you in the BI/BM, you probably won't do well against most most competent human opponents. However, real people behave somewhat differently than the AI, and the BI/BM sometimes uses really bizzare sets (like a physical Gengar or an Alakazam that spams Guard Split). There's also Mega Evolutions to take into account; BI/BM doesn't ever use them, but they're a common sight in the Battle Spot.

Does this help? Also, if you need help with team building or strategizing or whatever, feel free to ask more questions here.

Back