• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(basically) My first fakemon sprite

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi guys! I'm new here, but I've been looking all over foir a good place to get feedback on my fakemon spriting.

This is Potite, the first stage of a 3-stage evolutionary line. It is the Grass-type starter of the Kalash region, and evolves into something (don't have a name for the middle evolution), and then Apotalypse (the final evolution.)

Typing is grass/fighting

(basically) My first fakemon sprite

Sake-Kun

8th Sin - Apostasy
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Welcome along to the journey of improving pixel art skills, and I must say... it is not half bad of a first attempt. Not bad at all.

With some extra shading & maybe finding a clever way to implement the flower pot aesthetic into the design, I can see the simplicity you're going for working out for you. The shading on the boxing gloves is actually pretty well done, no pillow shading in sight.

Flower's about to throw them hands.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Welcome along to the journey of improving pixel art skills, and I must say... it is not half bad of a first attempt. Not bad at all.

With some extra shading & maybe finding a clever way to implement the flower pot aesthetic into the design, I can see the simplicity you're going for working out for you. The shading on the boxing gloves is actually pretty well done, no pillow shading in sight.

Flower's about to throw them hands.
    Wow, thanks! But what's Pillow Shading? Also, I had been doing a fair amount of traditional art before this, so I guess that's why I didn't do so badly. I plan for the final stage, Apotalypse, to use the pot as a weapon, so I'm trying to keep the flower pot simple. I took things from Bellsprout's Pokemon Emerald sprite, as well as Hitmonchan's. The pot and flower petals are mostly mine. But thanks for the feedback! I'll try to shade a bit better.

Sake-Kun

8th Sin - Apostasy
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow, thanks! But what's Pillow Shading? Also, I had been doing a fair amount of traditional art before this, so I guess that's why I didn't do so badly. I plan for the final stage, Apotalypse, to use the pot as a weapon, so I'm trying to keep the flower pot simple. I took things from Bellsprout's Pokemon Emerald sprite, as well as Hitmonchan's. The pot and flower petals are mostly mine. But thanks for the feedback! I'll try to shade a bit better.
    Pillow shading is when your shading doesn't follow light sources, often resulting in shading around lines that makes the end result look fuzzy. It's apparently a common mistake for beginners, even I have somewhat struggled with it previously.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pillow shading is when your shading doesn't follow light sources, often resulting in shading around lines that makes the end result look fuzzy. It's apparently a common mistake for beginners, even I have somewhat struggled with it previously.
    I see. Thanks!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    Hi guys! I'm new here, but I've been looking all over foir a good place to get feedback on my fakemon spriting.

This is Potite, the first stage of a 3-stage evolutionary line. It is the Grass-type starter of the Kalash region, and evolves into something (don't have a name for the middle evolution), and then Apotalypse (the final evolution.)

Typing is grass/fighting

View attachment 159472
    I agree with Sake-Kun. For a first attempt this is not bad at all! You even did some shading and some of the details are already coming through. This is good! I hope to see more! :) Would be nice to follow your journey in this!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree with Sake-Kun. For a first attempt this is not bad at all! You even did some shading and some of the details are already coming through. This is good! I hope to see more! :) Would be nice to follow your journey in this!
    Wow, thanks! I'll get around to making the final evolution at some point. Middle evos are hard.

Back