• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Arena Team Help/Rate

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    Hello, I beat the Elite Four, and I'm trying to find a good team for the Battle Arena. I got the Silver Symbol, and I'm 7 trainers away from Gold.

Anyways, here's what i have so far :

Salamence @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break

I have Brick Break for the ice types, but too often, they're faster than me, or have more defense (Articuno, Dewgong, ...), so they OHKO me. Also, any replacement for Aerial Ace (only 60 power...)

Alakazam @ Lum Berry (I found a guide that suggests Petaya Berry, what is it and where may I find it?)
    Timid
    Calm Mind
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Psychic

Jynx @ Nevermeltice
    Mild
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Lovely Kiss
    Fake Tears

Basically, strategy is : Put to sleep, lower Sp. Def., hit before they wake up. Problem is, kiss has 75% accuracy, and if it misses, or the Pokemon has a Chesto/Lum berry, Jynx gets kaplooyed b/c of low defense.

These are the three I have for my main set, I also have a lv. 50 Slaking, Blissey, and Dodrio, but Slaking & Blissey are more tankish, so I use them for other purposes, and Dodrio, I dunno, I just hate it's three faces :P

Thanks for any suggestions to improve my hold items, moves, etc.

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
    HP Flying>Aerial Ace on Salamence and CB.

Ditch Jynx, Vaporeon/Ludicolo>Her. Vaporeon can be wallish and Ludicolo is :)

Leftovers on Alakazam. Fire Punch>Ice Punch.

Slaking is Focus Punch, Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Return. Physical sweeper: not a tank.

Blissey is: Ice Beam, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss, Softboiled.

Dodrio: Drill Peck, Return, Quick Attack, HP Ground/Fighting.

Are you willing to EV train?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    Nah, I'm not that willing to EV train, it takes a ton of effort, and with college and all, I'll put it off. Breeding, OTHO, I'm fine with...so I guess breed and get a better nature (I'm thinking +SPD, -SP.ATK, whatever that is). Thanks for the Slaking moveset, I always thought of Slaking as being tanky, but I guess he does have good sweeper potential.

One question though, would Seismic Toss be good on Blissey, seeing as her attack is pretty low? I like the Ice Beam idea though, or maybe Flamethrower...

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Screw Aerial Ace or Brick Break on Salamence altogether. In the case of nature, you'll do more damage with Dragon Claw. But I don't see how Ice-types could be faster than Salamence unless you have have some absolutely horrid speed IVs. And don't worry about Hidden Power Flying because breeding that is just a matter of luck. I doubt you'd be willing to go through the same thing I did (60 Feebas breed for one Modest male with Mirror Coat).

Because Seismic Toss does a set amount of damage (50 in this case), it's a good thing. However, you might look into Flamethrower and Ice Beam at the same time, or perhaps even substitute.

Back