• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Arrangement & Discussion

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    So I'm thinking that this may start out as a bit of a discussion on battles and escalate into a more organised field for those who want to start up a battle, though I can't imagine that this will be extremely popular.
    So are we looking to get battles going again? If so do we think we could go with a tourny eventually as discussed in the Q/A & Discussion?
    Anyway, here's a little template for anyone looking to start a battle, this is what would be required imo, though of course feel free to add anything.

Example template

Max # of participants: 1v1
    Size restrictions: 500x500
    Time Frame: 1 week from the last participant's sign up
    Theme: Freestyle
    Other Details: Looking for a more lower-intermediate battle though I'm open to anything.

Something along those lines? But I would also suggest that if you're starting up a battle that you do not post your entry before the others even enter. Wait until the time frame begins. So if battles are something you guys would like to see again -as I would- speak up and let's get this show on the road!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Always loved the notion of graphics battles but never been involved myself and have witnessed the past graphics battle group die twice. I'm definitely in and willing to accept any challenges along the way.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Always loved the notion of graphics battles but never been involved myself and have witnessed the past graphics battle group die twice. I'm definitely in and willing to accept any challenges along the way.

Glad to see your support and I'd definately like to have some battles myself, I think it could be a lot of fun and something that G&P could do with. It also gives me reason to get back into PS lol. Though if you wish to be the first to get this up and running be my guest!

I'd definetly do it ;D Would there be teams or just 1 on 1...?

The Max # of participants: option can be proceeded by any number you see, so it could hypothetically be 2v2, 3v3 or any number as long as you feel it'd work. It's up to the OP, so feel free to do team or solo battles of course.

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad to know I have some on my side, battles as I say, could do G&P some good and spark a little more of a togetherness amongst the artists.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Not only togetherness, but by competing against others it pushes us to try new things and to make art at our best increasing our skills.
    Give me a yell when you wanna battleskies.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I might give it a try. Time to brush up on some old skills. xD
    Mine would probably come in last though D:

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hey don't beat yourself up dude, this is the opportunity for you to do a 2v2 battle if you're not confident enough to go solo. But it's also a chance to push yourself!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hey don't beat yourself up dude, this is the opportunity for you to do a 2v2 battle if you're not confident enough to go solo. But it's also a chance to push yourself!
    Thats true. Thanks for the good words Gavin! :D

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    A tournament would be fun and I would like to see one here, but I think it would die quickly with people forgetting to post their entries and not enough people joining because having the same people take part and the same people winning would make it boring, but then again, I could be wrong since you never know until you actually put it to the test.

Battles would work fine.

this is the opportunity for you to do a 2v2 battle if you're not confident enough to go solo. But it's also a chance to push yourself!

When you say 2v2, do you mean two people each make whatever to fit the theme, the other two do the same and then people vote (or picked judges decide) which two is better? Or do you mean collaboration?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I have seen some multi person projects before..the trick is to do peice by peice......i personally haven't done one before...but i do like the idea of getting to do battles, here...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A tournament would be fun and I would like to see one here, but I think it would die quickly with people forgetting to post their entries and not enough people joining because having the same people take part and the same people winning would make it boring, but then again, I could be wrong since you never know until you actually put it to the test.

Battles would work fine.

When you say 2v2, do you mean two people each make whatever to fit the theme, the other two do the same and then people vote (or picked judges decide) which two is better? Or do you mean collaboration?

We actually have a lot of very good artists and everyone would be in with the same chance to win it so I don't think it'd go down that road. So it's worth the try.

2v2 would be collabing normally, but it's up to the OP to decide the rules. I think I'll write a little more up on battles soon.

I have seen some multi person projects before..the trick is to do peice by peice......i personally haven't done one before...but i do like the idea of getting to do battles, here...

Well I'm glad you'd like to see them, personally I find they're often a very good way to get good results and a good way to improve.

Also stickying this for a little bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    You can find the new guidelines fo battles here in the new rules. So I'll unsticky this again XD;
    Anyway, this will remain open for suggestions and battle arrangements.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Well, you best option is to make a thread :p
    But I guess you could arrange one here and hope someone agrees?
    Okay well, the way it'll work here is, just state that you'd like a battlea and if someone would like to compete they'd reply. Does that make sense? I guess this is a thread for a little pre-organisation. So anyone who would like to battle Zebra, reply. <3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Just read the new rules thread and was unsure about starting battles. Say I want to start a battle and see who's interested, do I make a thread outlining the details and people sign up there, or do I post the requirements in this thread and people sign up here.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Just read the new rules thread and was unsure about starting battles. Say I want to start a battle and see who's interested, do I make a thread outlining the details and people sign up there, or do I post the requirements in this thread and people sign up here.

This thread is merely a casual discussion. If you're confident you have a battle you'd like to post, you can go ahead and post a new thread where other members may sign up. This thread is just a little side dump for anyone who's still in a thinking stage and undecided etc. I'll clear it all up in the main post soon, just trés busy atm. But yeah, if you want a battle, post a new thread.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Alrighty thanks a bunchies.
    And just for the record, I don't have any battle planned or considered as of yet. Busy with school work and stuff, I might enter some later on, but not planning anything for now.

Back