• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, for starters, don't teach Blaziken Blaze Kick and Overheat. Pick one. No, don't use either. Go with Flamethrower instead. Also, if you have FRLG, teach it Swords Dance. If you don't, teach it Bulk Up.

To earn symbols in the BF, you need to win a certain amount of battles in a row. It can vary from place to place. You need to be more specific in the info you want in order to get more specific answers. Good luck.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

You lost to Lucy? She's not that hard if you have the right Pokémon. She has a Shuckle, Seviper, and Milotic. If you have a Steel type on your team (Metagross), you can easily take care of her first two Pokémon.
    Milotic is tricky since it has Mirror Coat and Recover. You can beat it with a Calm Mind Raikou or a physical attacker that has Swords Dance or Bulk Up.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I restarted my game so I went against Lucy first. I won against Lucy with just my Gardevoir haha. Well I switched to Vileplume for the Shuckle, but that was only so I could get rid of her Chesto berry quickly and without getting poisoned. So when it was asleep I just switched back to Gardevoir.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I've learned something from going against that Shuckle. Just have a Steel/Rock type (Aggron) and just let it stay there because it wont get poisoned. Or bring out a Tentacruel like I did when I went against her

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Or use Milotic. When it gets poisoned, its Def gets increased by 1.5. It can then Surf away for SE damage and Rest/Sleep Talk and outstall it quite easily.

Sejaa

-x-Flannery Fan-x-
    Years
    1 Silver ive got :P battle Pike Took me ages Team was

blaziken - lvl 50
    ditto - lvl 50
    breloom - lvl 50

not the greatest but they do there job

any way does any one know why everyone speaks it capital letters at battle frontier or is an error on my game?

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I think it is just because the words you pick from are all caps. It is the same way on mine, and is, yes, sorta annoying

I finally bit the bullet, and got a BF team set-up.

Metagross @ Shell Bell
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide
    - Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Leftovers
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest

Zapdos @ Chesto Berry
    - Thunderbolt
    - Drill Peck
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

It is an awesome team, in my opinion. I have five of the seven silver symbols, I still need the symbol for the Battle Factory and Palace. I did ok in my Palace practice, but I have a little bit of work to do. Basically, I wanna get a Zapdos with a better nature so it'll stop using Rest in a battle.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    A couple of days ago I beat Lucy with Latios, Sceptile, and Swampert. I think I beat her with just Latios though.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yeah, that is why I don't use Legis in the BF, even the non-uber ones. I like somewhat of a challenge.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Are you guys using game shark or action replay because without it you can't bring Legi's in the Battle Frontier, but the brains have it and thats not fair.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is incorrect. You cannot use ubers in BF, but the lower-tier Legis are acceptable. Lati@s, Zapdos, Suicune, and the Regis are okay to use, although I still don't. Here are the only Pokes you cannot use in the BF:

Mewtwo
    Mew
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Celebi
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys

Back