• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Frontier- Good or Bad

Piplup46

Water Pokemon are the best
Years
  • How would you all rate pokemon battle frontier. There's dvds of it out now and I'm wondering if I should check it out.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, I liked it better than the rest of AG. It seemed different, somehow. I wouldn't watch it right now though because I'm *still* recovering from repeats overload haha but I'd definatly buy them.

Piplup46

Water Pokemon are the best
    Years
  • I watched Diamond and Pearl before any of the other seasons I missed so I'm sure I'll be okay with Battle Frontier. I'm used to watching things out of order. The only pokemon I saw is the original season, orange islands, and about half of johto journeys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Battle Frontier was pretty good, esspecially some of the Frontier Battles. The pokemon contests including the Grand Festival was great. Buy thr DVDs if you want but just note that some of the filler episodes are just filler episodes and aren't that great compared to other filler episodes form previous seasons.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I haven't seen BF since... I don't know. PUSA shows new episodes twice a week (a new one and last week's), Po we don't get repeats. But we only get those two episodes, which is cool.

BF was kind of rushed because of DP, but it's a great season. Way better than OI, but remember, the voices try to adjust themselves during this season.

So I say buy it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The problem is half of Battle Frontier is part of Advanced Battle.

The first Brain and May's first Contest are part of the "Advanced Battle" season, and only the last 6 Brains and last Contests are part of Battle Frontier.

You would have to buy the Advanced Battle DVD's to see the whole thing properly, or you miss stuff like Charizard Vs. Articuno which was epic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    I think the japanese writers created BF cause maybe they just wanted another way of exploring Kanto some more. Kanto only got 1 season while Johto and Houen got 3. I dunno, maybe its something for the new viewers of Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Good!8D
    It's awsome espescially at the end,the contest match with May and Ash was awsome! =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    This series also developed May into someone who is indipendant plus is also expanded on the relationship she had with Drew. I'm a Contestshipping fan so obviously I liked that part.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    First learn to spell, Contestshipper ;).

The Contestshipping was somewhat exagerative, as May still considered Drew a mortal rival for Jotho, basically, Contestshipping is one-sided so don't get your hopes up. The season was epic, I agree, especially the end, which was Advanceshippy, then not-so-Advanceshippy. It was great, trust me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Sorry I can't spell, sir.

While May did consider Drew a rival, she also did have feelings for Drew or at least a lot more respect for him than just another person she had to beat. But I agree, the contestshipping part wasn't fully developed however it had shown progress since the Hoenn series.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If you really have the urge on this, take it to the shipping debates, see you there.

Also, did I mention that Ash goes through puberty? Or was that a voice cast change? Either way, the Battle Frontier Movie, Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, is very exciting, although, I really wouldn't say it's Contestshipping Paradise, to be exact.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Let's just end this. It's mainly because of the pokemon contests, Grand Festival and the Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing I think this but I understand where your coming from. The 9th movie wasn't exactly contestshipping was it? Haha, but anways, some parts of this season are worthwild to buy if that answer's the question asked earlier.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • BF was the last half-decent series. It got me back into Pokémon last year, but it's nothing extraudinary. You started to see Ash become a decent trainer with strong Pokémon, but with his excitement also. But then you expect him to carry it onto DP, but he become a 6 year old girl and still is. The Frontier Battles are pretty cool, except for Ash's super fast Snorlax that gets smaller season by season, I don't get that. He used to be huge, now he's just taller than Brock.

I think they either put the first Frontier battle in AB, to either make people buy that DVD to see it or introduce the BF in that series. But I think they done both there, so watch the few BF episodes that are in AB online.

It was the last series I have watched proply and rightly so.

Spoiler:

Overall, I wouldn't buy it. As I only buy DVD's that are worth my money (Which isn't much), I'd just go watch it online. Some people on MySpace upload a lot of episodes, you'll be sure to find the series there in very good quality.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think they either put the first Frontier battle in AB, to either make people buy that DVD to see it or introduce the BF in that series. But I think they done both there, so watch the few BF episodes that are in AB online.

In Japan, there are no seasons. Battle Frontier just comes under AG (Advance Generation) with the rest of Hoenn. America has seasons which are 52 episodes long so it's just that Battle Frontier happened to come into the Advanced Battle series. Which just shows how constantly changing the series name every season is crazy. There's no need for Johto League Champions, Master Quest, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle and Battle Dimension names, really, because what's changed? Absolutly nothing. Although, I suppose Battle Frontier series name was a good idea...if they had started the series name earlier when Japan changed their opening.

Years
  • I'll sum up BF in a few words:

"Good idea, but too rushed and going through the motions as we had to wait for D/P."

This is one of the few where I'd rent, not buy.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I say buy it! Battle Frontier was awesome!
    8.7/10
    That's specific, I know. lol
    It actually WAS rushed though.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • I like the battle Frontier because May got to stay longer. Most of the frontier battles were really good too. The only bad thing was adjusting to Ash's new terrible voice.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, the voices are kinda bad at the start because they just adjusting. And they don't keep much original BGM despite PUSA saying they would keep more. Oh well, I'd still buy it.

Back