• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Frontier Team Help?

Years
  • Basically my frontier team is as follows.

Swampert(Relaxed)
    Leftovers
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Protect

Camerupt(Brave)
    Choice Band
    -Earthquake
    -Eruption
    -Rock Slide
    -Explosion

Cacturne(Timid)
    Leftovers
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Needle Arm
    -Spikes

Any Suggestions are welcome to better improve this team! Thank you ahead of time.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Since your Cacturne is Timid, it's Attack is lower. I'd advise you to replace Needle Arm with something like Energy Ball.

As for your Camerupt, I'd give it the Cameruptite instead of a Choice Band. Also, how about Flamethrower instead of Explosion?

Years
  • Since your Cacturne is Timid, it's Attack is lower. I'd advise you to replace Needle Arm with something like Energy Ball.

As for your Camerupt, I'd give it the Cameruptite instead of a Choice Band. Also, how about Flamethrower instead of Explosion?

unfortunately im using the emerald cartridge from gen 3 so i dont have access to those moves/items

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Swampert(Relaxed)
    Leftovers
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Protect

Protect is pretty useless for Swampert, besides with gaining a tiny bit of health from Leftovers, or protection from a solarbeam, which isn't very common either way. More useful would be Brick Break for better coverage, or rock slide if you want.

Camerupt(Brave)
    Choice Band
    -Earthquake
    -Eruption
    -Rock Slide
    -Explosion

Eruption honestly doesn't work very well with Camerupt's low speed, as his health will probably be lowered before attacking. Flamethrower is much more reliable, and still very powerful.

Also, just a suggestion, you'll do much better in the Battle Frontier if you have a team of six, as some of the arenas will call for different types of pokemon, and those three won't always come through for you.

Back