• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Music won't play?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Oddly for some reason, the battle music won't play, it's set in the metadata of the location to play a song but it won't play, it plays the trainer intro and the victory music but all battle music is silent =S Help?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    They are :/ I read on a different forum that sometimes the mp3 bit rate makes it so some songs don't play, could that be the reason?

No that's not the reason. I tried with different bit rates and file types and the music doesn't play...I'm completely lost...

The issue is that the editor doesn't seem to like files that aren't midi...any songs that are set with the editor that aren't midi don't work for me...Unless somebody as an way to fix that, the only way to get around it is to have the midi files for any music that needs to be set with the editor on hand.. this thread can be closed at whoever's earliest convenience...

Last edited:

ze1

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    If I'm not mistaken, that's a bug that came with the new version of the Editor.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    It seems to go further than just the Editor, In fact I don't think it's the editors fault at all, because changing the music file in the metadata PBS file doesn't work either. Unless the music can ONLY be set through the editor, which I doubt because the editor picked up that I changed it in the Metadata PBS. Somethings up with the script that handles battles that only like midi files? I don't know. Unfortunately that puts a damper on my soundtrack as there isn't a compilation of the HG/SS soundtrack in midi format. I'll keep looking about to see if I can find a way around this issue though...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I don't think I've touched anything to do with music. As far as I know, mp3 files are supported (which I assume your problem file is, because you haven't specifically said anything about it which doesn't help).

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    I don't think I've touched anything to do with music. As far as I know, mp3 files are supported (which I assume your problem file is, because you haven't specifically said anything about it which doesn't help).

Yes it is, sorry about that, Mp3 works fine when I set it within RPG XP Towns and Pokemarts/centers work fine with MP3s but for some reason I can't get any battles to play mp3s

Back