• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Revolution 2 for HG/SS???

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    Hey guys. I've been out of the poke'loop since the release of platinum. I was curious if there are any plans of releasing a second pokemon game for the wii that can work with HG/SS. I know they did it when the game were originally released way back when with stadium 2, but that was to include new pokemon. Now the new large console games are all-encompassing. I've heard battle revolution was a big let down overall, especially for fans and if there is any word of making an improved sequel.
    (I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm on an iPhone right now and lack the speed to efficiently search the forums.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This can go in spin-offs since PBR isn't a main game.

If they did, they should just make it Pokemon Stadium 3 because PBR is a load of crap. I gave it a chance, and it's just...annoying. The announcer is the worst thing in the world. I'm going to shut up about that now...but really, instead of a PBR2, I was a PS3, and no, not the Sony console.

Checkered Sky

~beneath the sky...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I don't see why we need a PBR2. There aren't any new Pokemon as of yet, and PBR sold worse than any of the other console Pokemon games to date as far as I'm concerned.

Just having a title with 'Battle Revolution' in it would seem suicide, but that's just my opinion compared to the many bad reviews it got, and the sell charts.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I don't see why we need a PBR2. There aren't any new Pokemon as of yet, and PBR sold worse than any of the other console Pokemon games to date as far as I'm concerned.

Just having a title with 'Battle Revolution' in it would seem suicide, but that's just my opinion compared to the many bad reviews it got, and the sell charts.

The rotom formes (banned from PBR along with Skymin and Giratina's origin forme) actually make a bigger difference in the game then they seem to at first. That, and PBR felt very, very rushed, with chunky animations for some pokes (Metagross's casual walking), lack of sound effects (most pokémon don't make a thud sound like they did in earlier games when they faint, even if they reuse the same animation, and I could of sworn Cloyster made a clicking sound in Stadium whenever it moved it's shell), and just plain lack of features compared to the last four titles leave a lot to be desired.

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    Hmm...I talked to an employee at gamestop and he said there has been no info released on another wii platform pokemon game (even in Japan). that being said, it would take a long time for a new stadium-esque game to reach us here in the states.

I started this topic simply b/c every spin-off game has gone down hill since Pokemon stadium 2. I know there are new attacsk and features is HG/SS that aren't featured in platinum, and there are MAJOR improvements that could be made to PBR. Which brings to my next question, have players who currently own HG/SS been able to play with them via PBR? (Properly that is)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Personally, I liked PBR, but it does need some improvements.
    I liked games like XD and Colleseum because they had that classic Pokemon adventure feel to it while still having awesome-looking battles. PBR is more of just a Battle Frontier challenge morphed into a game. IMHO, if they make another Wii Pokemon game for Wii, it should either be Pokemon Colleseum 2 or Pokemon Stadium 3.

BTW the announcer in PBR can be disabled.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I personally liked PBR, even though it was just an expensive way to enhance the average battling experience. I would buy an updated version fo sho!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    But it was the anime's narrator ... Personally I thought it was awesome that they called him in for it.

Oh, it was the anime announcer? That's why I didn't like it then.

Anyway, another thing about the animations. In the Stadium games, the attacks looked like they really hurt. As time went on, they looked more "oh im a pretty graphic look at me" instead of a move intended to damage an opponent. I thought XD was bad about that until I saw PBR's attack animation. Now XD seems like a drive by shooting.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If it weren't for the Wi-Fi, I would never have bought PBR.
    However I heard that HG/SS is designed to be compatible with PBR so don't get your hopes up.

I loved the thuds and yes Cloysters shell did clamp in the Stadium games.

Years
    Anyway, another thing about the animations. In the Stadium games, the attacks looked like they really hurt. As time went on, they looked more "oh im a pretty graphic look at me" instead of a move intended to damage an opponent. I thought XD was bad about that until I saw PBR's attack animation. Now XD seems like a drive by shooting.
    Agreed, although there are some great animations like Seismic Toss. It's about time we got more animations like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be absolutely thrilled if the camera zoomed out with a birds-eye view of the stadium, and then showed the true destructiveness of moves like Explosion. I want to see the battlefield actually damaged, kind of like we saw in the trailer! Those attacks actually looked like they hurt, just look at that Blizzard and Hyper Beam! Groudon actually damaged the very ground beneath Deoxys's feet! Imagine if they went the extra mile, and Pokemon were actually thrown back against the wall of the colosseum from the force of a powerful attack?

PBR was simply rushed and overpriced, it's a shame so much of the cool content in the trailer was scrapped. You could make the argument that the attacks in the original trailer were too violent, but then again, that would be stupid. The PBR that we bought is basically an expensive way to utilize teams online without the use of friend codes (And Shoddy.). And obviously, a story mode is always welcome!

Last edited:

SuperBeano11

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    Hey guys. I've been out of the poke'loop since the release of platinum. I was curious if there are any plans of releasing a second pokemon game for the wii that can work with HG/SS. I know they did it when the game were originally released way back when with stadium 2, but that was to include new pokemon. Now the new large console games are all-encompassing. I've heard battle revolution was a big let down overall, especially for fans and if there is any word of making an improved sequel.
    (I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm on an iPhone right now and lack the speed to efficiently search the forums.)
    Battle Rev 2 Would Be Great

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Personally, I liked PBR, but it does need some improvements.
    I liked games like XD and Colleseum because they had that classic Pokemon adventure feel to it while still having awesome-looking battles. PBR is more of just a Battle Frontier challenge morphed into a game. IMHO, if they make another Wii Pokemon game for Wii, it should either be Pokemon Colleseum 2 or Pokemon Stadium 3.

BTW the announcer in PBR can be disabled.
    I completely agree. PBR was good, but I liked XD and Colosseum much more. I think that the next one should be the sequel to XD/Colosseum, with more Shadow Pokemon. (possibly like 100, since Colosseum had about 60 and XD had about 80) Maybe even Wi-fi.

Back