• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Spot

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
  • I know a lot of people play on showdown and follow Smogon rules, but how about the Battle Spot.
    Do you play on the Battle Spot often and how do you climb that ladder with that Kangaskhan around? Or do you use it yourself and it's proven to help you climb the ladder.
    I'm just wondering what team have successes and I know some pokémon are just not meant for the Battle Spot cause they are just torn apart.
    I'm currently doing well with said teams but they are gimmicky and I'm just wondering how you guys play on the Spot.

Post your teams below.

For Singles I use:

Lucario-Mega (M) @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Adamant Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Steel Wing

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flash Cannon
    - King's Shield
    - Shadow Sneak

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 20 Atk / 236 Spa / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Gunk Shot
    - Dark Pulse

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

Thundurs @ Life Orb
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Psychic

And for doubles:

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Earthquake

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Steel Wing

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Double Edge
    - Sucker Punch
    - Low Kick

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 180 HP / 100 Def / 28 SpA / 200 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Helping Hand
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to do rated WiFi battles all the time back in Gen V, and did a lot of unrated Battle Spot in XY, but I've done very little Battle Spot in ORAS (and most of which was me just screwing around with Primal Groudon/Mega Rayquaza/Zekrom/etc).

I want to get back into Rated Battle Spot battles.....but kinda need to make a team for that first. I mean, I have a doubles team I could use, but the problem is that it has Kyurem on it and Kyurem is banned in Battle Spot, and I can't really come up with a good replacement for it. So I think I'll just make another doubles team. Maybe I'll do something with that Mega Garchomp, idk. Breeding is so boring yo.

But for singles.....idk, Showdown is much better for ranked singles matches because there's no Item Clause and I feel that singles doesn't work so well when you can only use half your team instead of the whole six. Not like I've ever had a set team or 2 or singles in Gen VI.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Battle Spot, eh? I sometimes go there to test out my team, but other than that I'd rather go to Showdown's server to test my team out.

The team I have on Omega Ruby right now is pretty much a very gimmicky team involving a Soak and Ion Deluge Lanturn. No, I'm not kidding on this. I was actually tempted to enter the VGC tournament from last week using this team but it was so damn gimmicky and has a lot of flaws to work out that I didn't dare to.

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
  • I'm a VGC player, so I play the rated doubles ladder regularly. In my experience, teams on Battle Spot are similar to the ones found at live tournaments, so the ladder is great practice.

Do you play on the Battle Spot often and how do you climb that ladder with that Kangaskhan around? Or do you use it yourself and it's proven to help you climb the ladder.

Both (If we're talking doubles; I have no experience with singles). I'm currently running an adamant kangaskhan that hits like a truck. In order to compensate for the fact that it's slower than opposing jolly kangaskhan, I have a thundurus that paralyzes said kangaskhan. As an additional check, I also run a jolly expert belt virizion that outspeeds all kangaskhan and OHKOs them with close combat, unless they've invested significantly in HP.

Back