• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
    O.K, that was totally uncalled for. Its people like yourself that makes nobody want to post any kind of opinions or suggestions.

Battling with him in the past is no excuse to deem him Uber or OU because the metagame has dramatically shifted since then.

I've actually have had experience in dealing with Garchomp quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, some people dont want a new tier system.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Dude seriously, you are making it worse for yourself and just proving what Syndrome is saying to be correct.

Greene, I'm sorry to say I don't agree with you. What Syndrome said was insulting to what some of us were offering opinions and suggestions. If she doesn't like them she doesn't have to insult people to do so.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    At this point I think its pretty much a dead discussion on tiers. lol Anyways, anyone made it into the pc league?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I've actually have had experience in dealing with Garchomp quite a bit.

Who uses Garchomp? He is uber, and most battles already ban ubers....I'd like to hear about one of these battles (not doubting anything or trying to insult, I just find it hard to believe that whoever was using this Chomp was actually good and that it was a "legitimate" battle in the lowest sense of the meaning).

Sorry that it got all out of hand, but opinions fly like crazy when these kinds of topics arise. Especially from myself and Syndrome as we're both fairly active among the S&M members.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years

@Guy suggesting we make a tier list
    No you shouldn't, because the experts at Smogon are already working diligently on one. There aren't enough dedicated members here to make one, and honestly it's just a bit "selfish" that you think you'd do it any better than Smogon does with all the work they already put into it. This isn't a competitive battling site, and has one of the lowest activity battling sections out of most of the Pokemon sites I've been to, so there would be absolutely no reason for us to make one for ourselves, because we would just look stupid to any community with sense. :/

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Who uses Garchomp? He is uber, and most battles already ban ubers....I'd like to hear about one of these battles (not doubting anything or trying to insult, I just find it hard to believe that whoever was using this Chomp was actually good and that it was a "legitimate" battle in the lowest sense of the meaning).

Well I've faced a few people with Garchomps. Some of them was susposed to be OU battles. They were ok battlers. I had scarfed starmie on a couple of them.

Sorry that it got all out of hand, but opinions fly like crazy when these kinds of topics arise. Especially from myself and Syndrome as we're both fairly active among the S&M members.

Its O.K. I'm for moving onto other discussions. lol

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Greene, I'm sorry to say I don't agree with you. What Syndrome said was insulting to what some of us were offering opinions and suggestions. If she doesn't like them she doesn't have to insult people to do so.

You misunderstand me. I agree that the wording of Syndrome's post was uncalled for, but my point is that dragon's post just proves that she is right about him in particular, not all of you.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    You misunderstand me. I agree that the wording of Syndrome's post was uncalled for, but my point is that dragon's post just proves that she is right about him in particular, not all of you.

Appologies for the misunderstanding there.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years

@Guy suggesting we make a tier list
    No you shouldn't, because the experts at Smogon are already working diligently on one. There aren't enough dedicated members here to make one, and honestly it's just a bit "selfish" that you think you'd do it any better than Smogon does with all the work they already put into it. This isn't a competitive battling site, and has one of the lowest activity battling sections out of most of the Pokemon sites I've been to, so there would be absolutely no reason for us to make one for ourselves, because we would just look stupid to any community with sense. :/

In response, I agree that work hard, but I'm not sure who elected them as our bosses...
    I mean, its not up to them what we can or cannot do, they were'nt appointed by Nintendo or Game Freak, so why are we required to obey them in all things?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    You aren't, you and your opponent are always free to dictate your own rules between you, but that has nothing to do with creating a PC Tier list. I've seen other sites try to create their own tiers and what .Aero said is 100% on the marker; they end up relatively the same.

Ooka

Years
    In response, I agree that work hard, but I'm not sure who elected them as our bosses...
    I mean, its not up to them what we can or cannot do, they were'nt appointed by Nintendo or Game Freak, so why are we required to obey them in all things?

Because they spend countless hours programming and researching to make the competitive scene more advanced?

No one elected them, they're just obviously the most developed competitive Pokemon community, and if you have a problem with that, feel free to create your own site that has more detailed information than theirs and I'll gladly start suggesting your site instead. Unless of course you already know one that has more information than theirs?

So yeah, they've worked hard, extremely, and in turn have become the top resource for competitive Pokemon. Just because this forum has a lot of members, it doesn't mean that we have any right to think we're intelligent or even active enough to be considered a good reference for a Tier list. Believe me, I once posted a Tier list thread, and it was even stickied, but now that I look back I realize it was a horrid idea, and if I could go back I wouldn't have posted it in the first place. :/

.Aero

Years

Because they spend countless hours programming and researching to make the competitive scene more advanced?

No one elected them, they're just obviously the most developed competitive Pokemon community, and if you have a problem with that, feel free to create your own site that has more detailed information than theirs and I'll gladly start suggesting your site instead. Unless of course you already know one that has more information than theirs?

So yeah, they've worked hard, extremely, and in turn have become the top resource for competitive Pokemon. Just because this forum has a lot of members, it doesn't mean that we have any right to think we're intelligent or even active enough to be considered a good reference for a Tier list. Believe me, I once posted a Tier list thread, and it was even stickied, but now that I look back I realize it was a horrid idea, and if I could go back I wouldn't have posted it in the first place. :/

Lol, brings back memories. I remember that thread, and that awesome "Counters to Weavile Thread" that got me hated by so many people. xD I still go back to look at the conflict that arose inside of that for the laughs.

Detox

Kay um, all discussion in this thread is getting progressively worse as it goes along, so you all should just stop.

Ooka

Years
    Um, okay? Just stating facts isn't harmful at all, I don't believe anyone has taken it beyond that yet. :/

Aaaaannnnnnyyyywwwaaaayyyyysssss, I think TrickScarf leads are beast. :/

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I personally think the Smogon tiers are rapidly becoming inaccurate. Uber tiered pokes become NUs because 99% of battlers won't Uber battle. OUs also go UU, because many people won't battle with them either. I know Ubers are considered Ubers due to stats, but they are rapidly falling to the NU level of usage due, in part, to those morons at Smogon.
    In a new tier system, most Ubers will stay Uber, but they'll also need to be grouped in with OU, BL, UU, or NU, like any other Poke.
    And Shaymin-S shouldn't be Uber. Most strong Fire moves significantly weaken it.

.Aero

Years
    Uber tiered pokes become NUs because 99% of battlers won't Uber battle.

Ubers isn't based on usage. It's essentially a ban list for OU pokemon. BL is the same, but for UU.

OUs also go UU, because many people won't battle with them either.

Happens for good reason too. :/ It's usage based, and people don't use them because they are apparently not good enough for OU anymore.

And Shaymin-S shouldn't be Uber. Most strong Fire moves significantly weaken it.

Blame high speed and air slashes 60% hax rate. Ice Shard is pretty much the only reliable method of beating one of these guys. Unless you have a scarfer that can tear through it without getting haxed to death.

I personally think the Smogon tiers are rapidly becoming inaccurate.

How so?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    As I said, there should still be an Uber tier, but they should also be grouped in with other Pokes since the other tiers are based off usage and most Ubers can be considered NU.
    As far as OUs go, most are pretty good, but they go UU due to some having significant weaknesses, as well as many trainers considering them "too strong" for "real" competitive battling, much like the Uber class.

And if you don't understand yet why Smogon tiers are becoming inaccurate, you must not have read what I've said. To put it simply, Ubers need to be grouped like all other Pokes are, based on usage, but still have the stat-based Uber group. And OUs that have gone UU for a long time due in part to strength and due to them being classified as OUs, they should be considered UU. If there are tiers based on usage, they should be based on the usage of Pokes as it is NOW, not as it was in the past and usage tiers should include all 493 Pokemon, not just those that aren't considered Uber.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
    As I said, there should still be an Uber tier, but they should also be grouped in with other Pokes since the other tiers are based off usage and most Ubers can be considered NU.
    As far as OUs go, most are pretty good, but they go UU due to some having significant weaknesses, as well as many trainers considering them "too strong" for "real" competitive battling, much like the Uber class.

And if you don't understand yet why Smogon tiers are becoming inaccurate, you must not have read what I've said. To put it simply, Ubers need to be grouped like all other Pokes are, based on usage, but still have the stat-based Uber group. And OUs that have gone UU for a long time due in part to strength and due to them being classified as OUs, they should be considered UU. If there are tiers based on usage, they should be based on the usage of Pokes as it is NOW, not as it was in the past and usage tiers should include all 493 Pokemon, not just those that aren't considered Uber.

I dont think you really get it Smogon DO Teir all pokemon and Uber is a teir, NOT A ban list UNLESS your playing OU just the Same as BL is pokemon a bit too bad for OU a bit too good for UU.
    The Usage only half makes the teirs thats why some of the less common UU/OU dont move down because they would dominate just as Ubers Are in loads of teams when they move down.

Also away from this question I feel that a new teir list could work but we arent the ones to do it if we try only The people who Made it and a couple of other's will use it AND if it has Garchomp as OU people will Rally - REALLY be annoyed.

Im not gonna comment on chomp i think its fine in Ubers.

And to Ooka I love Bulkey leads they own but are kinda blocked by trickscarf leads.

And I leave you with a Lateral thinking question:
    If it is Impossible to get a gluttony E-Speed Linoon. How can someone hack Check a Linoon show it has gluttony and Still prove it is Legit, Despite an E-Speed Gluttony linoon being Always Impossible withought Hacking?

good Question, eh?

Back