• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle system GUI modification help required

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I am attempting to change the appearance of the battle system in my game, to something a lot more streamlined and aesthetically pleasing. I made up a bunch of graphics to use, and arranged them onto a screen I took in battle to ascertain how I wanted the layout to be. Subsequently I need to move a lot of "objects" around and account for the new graphics I'm using. In the code. This is where I hit my snag.

What I want to do is change this:
    Spoiler:

To this:
    Spoiler:

Using these pieces:
    Spoiler:

Thus what I ask of the community is A) how to incorporate those graphics into the system properly (the code and what not, with particular focus on the now full screen sized messagebox.png), and B) where I can find the code specifying where the following "objects" are drawn:

• Enemy name, level, HP bar, status icon, and captured icon;
    • Player name, level, HP bar, HP values, status icon, and EXP bar
    Where all the things have to be drawn separately due to a positional change on all accounts. I know it's probably something really simple that people like Maruno would get angry about having to answer all the time, but considering the scope of my alterations (or, at least, that's how I see it) I think it may be justified. Oh, and I also need to disable that annoying up-down thing the player's Pokemon does while idling.

I think it goes without saying that the images shown in this post are mine, and are not to be used without my express permission, with exception to use for the purpose of attempting to answer my request, after which they must be deleted. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    After three full hours of changing one little thing at a time, I've finally managed to transform the battle system as I desired. Thank you so much for the advice FL ., and for linking to those topics.

Back