• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Beater Suite Of Tools [For Gen V]

Years

• The Beater Suite of Tools

Hey all! I grew increasingly tired of the lack of proper tooling for the Generation V Pokémon games, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and write some tools.

Prerequisites (install these before using the tools)

BeaterScript

Ever wanted to create custom events in Generation V? Or gain an understanding of how the game's event system works? BeaterScript is the tool for you, then. It is a command-line interface tool that allows you to not only decompile existing scripts, but also compile new scripts for the Generation V games.

Note: At the moment, Black 2 and White 2 are the primarily supported games (as I have more information on them), but Black and White has support as well. Generation IV games also use the same overarching structure, so support for those games can be added at any given time.

Additionally, not all commands are implemented at this time. Eventually, if all goes according to plan, they should all be here.

Current Version: v0.3
    Downloads
    Source

Usage:
    Decompiling a script
    Making a script

BeaterText

Just like BeaterScript is a tool for editing scripts, BeaterText is a command-line interface tool for editing text for the Generation V games.

Current Version: v0.1.11
    Downloads
    Source

Usage:
    Code:
    To decompile:
    BeaterText -d <text file> <output>

To compile:
    BeaterText -m <text file> <output>

BeaterFurniture

BeaterFurniture allows you to edit the positions of overworld NPCs, warps, triggers, and furniture.

Note: Documentation for this structure is currently the least complete.

Current Version: v0.1
    Downloads
    Source

Usage:
    Code:
    To decompile:
    BeaterFurniture -d <overworld file> <output>

To compile:
    BeaterFurniture -m <overworld file> <output>

Examples

Petalburg Woods Event

Custom Battle Event