• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best anime male lead.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • Akira Takizawa from Eden of the East is one of the very few male leads I genuinely respect. There are many others that I think are good characters for whatever reason, however.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I'm particularly fond of Sugisaki Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon. This guy got most of his character development done before the show even started. He's always going on and on about the HAREM ENDING, but once that has been seen through, here is a hardworking young man whose goal in life is to make all those he cares for in life happy. I highly respect that. The development he went through to get to where he is was highly respectable as well. Those Purple black striped pants are pretty cool too.

God, this THIS. I was going to post the same ****ing thing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Just to go back to the conversation earlier.

Kei Kurono > Takashi Komuro

I agree with you now, Takashi's character is only good in the more dramatic/action scenes.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I actually have a lot of favorite male leads, but I'll mention my top favorite only.

L
    - He's a character from the popular anime thriller Death Note, which is one of my favorite anime. His character is very interesting and intellectual, which makes him one of the best male characters in any anime. He's a genius that has his own ways of solving a mystery and is a somehow twisted, quirky fella, which I like in a character.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Heh. Heh. Heh.

Simon from Gurren Lagann
    Mikado from DURARARA!!
    Otonashi from AngelBeats

All I can think of right now. I really like it when guys come of age. And stuff B|a
    But the only one I listed who ~*~came of age~*~ really, was Simon LMFAO...
    I guess Mikado matured....... idk, he was mostly just keeping a secret HAAA......

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • so happy nobody said naruuuto.
    if manga counts then definatelly ikki from Air Gear. He is just awesome.
    if not then i would go with Lelouch from Code Geass.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Best anime male lead.
    How about Naruto? He's awesome.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Shizuo - Durarara!
    Simply because he's the most badass character in the anime and he is one of the most original and unique characters. He has a tendency of destroying everything and throwing objects around when he is very mad or when he sees Izaya, whom he despises.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Tomoya from Clannad gets my vote. The amount of character development throughout the whole 2 series is probably the most I've seen from any anime.

Some honorable mentions...
    Kyon - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Kou - Arawaka under the bridge
    Usui - Kaichou wa maid sama
    Ren - Skip beat

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Kira from Death Note. He's such a powerful character.

Which one? There's like a gabazillion Kira's in Death Note.
    There's Light, Higuchi, Misa, Takada, Mikami, and for about 5 seconds Mello.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Mine would be:
    Lelouch from Code Geass cause he's just plain awesome.
    Light from Death Note, cause he's crazy.
    Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma, cause he owns everything and is prolly one of the few male protagonists in a romance anime that are POWERFUL rather than weak and pathetic.

Back