• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Band of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    It would probably be the Beatles since they and Elvis are in a tier all their own with hits and record sales. also I think it's pretty safe to say they are pretty freaking talented and had an impact like no other musical group or soloist ever had or probably ever will.

I'd have to agree here. My list was really a broad generalization- the greatest bands and artists of all time, if you will (although I missed a few, like The Beach Boys, The Ramones, The Clash, and Nirvana). If I had to choose one who had the most impact, it would have to be either Elvis or The Beatles.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    AFI is my favorite band, and Radiohead is my second favorite.

I don't care what anyone says, Radiohead is the Pink Floyd of this generation.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    Well since "best" and "favorite" are two separate things, I'd have to say the best bands/singers of all time are:

Johnny Cash
    Frank Sinatra
    The Doors
    Elvis
    The Beatles
    Queen

Among others. I love them all, and they're widely considered among the most talented.

If we were going by favorites, though, I'd still stick with Chiodos. I love them SO much.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The more I read this thread, the more I wish that everyone in it would die in a fire (excluding Anti)
    If we don't like what you listen to then just accept it.
    And a lot of people are posting what bands they likenot which bands are their favorite.
    And favorite and best are 2 very different things.
    Like ? said
    "Best" and "favourite" are different things, so there's no "in other words" with this...
    Best is something justifyably superior than everything else compared to it.
    Favourite is what one individually finds to be most preferrable.
    But i disagree with him/her(sorry but you don't have your gender posted up) because no matter how good one song sounds like, there will always be one person who doesn't like it.All the people who listen to heavy metal out there despise soulja boy,his guts,and his inability to spell while all the wannabe rappers and people in school who repeatedly tap their pencils on a desk just to hear the beat think Rage against the machine is a vid of someone paying 1$ to a broken vending machine without getting their Snickers bar.
    So overall you people should learn that there is no universal best thing.
    And some things like my chemical romance are overrated but are great nonetheless.
    As for the Nirvana vocalist (was it?),He was Kurt Kobain and he had committed suicide because of childhood problems and marriage problems.So you can blame Courtney love for that.Any fan of Nirvana would at least know the vocalists name.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Best band skill-wise? Its gotta be Rush, just for Neil's Peart's drumming and just general quality

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    Best band skill-wise? Its gotta be Rush, just for Neil's Peart's drumming and just general quality

As a musician myself I appreciate the sheer skill levels demonstrated by Rush. Not only Neil Peart, but Geddy and Alex too.

Led Zeppelin, again for the skill level shown by each member and unique grasp of songwriting.

The Beach Boys - not for their instrument playing but for those incredible vocals and later Brian Wilson's instrumentation and arrangements.

Queen certainly had the skills and they also had more radio-friendly songs than say, Led Zeppelin. For the average person I suspect that it's far easier to listen to most Queen songs than Zeppelin's 10 minute jams.

The Beatles are in another league entirely, way above everything ever reached or reachable by anyone else. They weren't the best musicians (still better than most but not as good as what was to follow) but they had the best songs. Not just the best songs at the time but the best songs of all time. The most remarkable group ever. Revolver (along with The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds) is my favourite record ever. The impact that The Beatles have had, and continue to have, on both music and culture is unparalleled.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Ok all the old rock is the best!

The new rock isnt good and it sounds crap. The new generation of rock and there artists are only in for the fame and money.

Ive also noticed that people here listed single artists and well you are all forgetting about one of the greatest guitar players of all time. The legendary Jimmy Hendrix.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I pretty much agree that rock today is not really that good compared to what we once had but that's a whole other topic.

Nobody has talked about The Who much, and they're one of my favorite bands and for sure one of the better bands we've seen. They really were really good. Behind Blue Eyes...that is a GREAT song. Okay anyways...

I'm going to agree with what most have said and go with The Beatles as the best ever, though there are several choices to choose from. As mentioned, no other band will ever have the impact they had.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Yeah if we're going for best band ever its the Beatles, hands down.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I like linkin park, nickelback, and daughtry

As others have said, this isn't so much about favorites as it is about who is actually the best ever. Honestly none of those even come close. Daughtry has potential to be something really good but they aren't there yet, if they ever will get there.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    As others have said, this isn't so much about favorites as it is about who is actually the best ever. Honestly none of those even come close. Daughtry has potential to be something really good but they aren't there yet, if they ever will get there.

I agree, daughtry is good and has potential but they cant just show up and expect to immediately be the best. The Beatles, the Who, Queen, alll the other "classic" rock bands worked so hard to get to the top. Daughtry is good, but they dont deserve to even be considered with the classics

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back