• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best designed part of Unova?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This isn't really a question about your favourite city or anything, but rather which part of Unova do you feel was designed the best overall? And which do you feel is the worst?

In my opinion, Dragonspiral Tower overall had the best design, Something about the combination of the placement of everything, the overall "look" of the tower from the inside and the music at the top being sinister, I dunno, it just fits in nicely.

What are your thoughts?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Since I haven't played my White in awhile, can't really remember most of the places. But the one place I really found stunning was Nimbasa. The amazingly lit signs and the designs of the buildings where spectacular. Ooh and I would also have to mention the Elite Four area's design. I loved the authenticity and superiority was weaved through this place.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • I really love Icirrus city...The buildings are charming, I love the windmills and wetland and the fact that it's got a moor; the environment for that is very fitting.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Hmmm... I think i'd have to say Nimbasa City. In my opinion, it has the best design for several reasons. Including its gym leader. XD

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
  • I quite liked Castelia City if I'm honest. I don't know why, but there was just something about it I quite liked.

I also thought the Elite 4 areas were pretty sweet too :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Skyarrow bridge, Castelia City, N's castle and villiage bridge. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • which part of Unova do you feel was designed the best overall?
    My top two parts are the Skyarrow Bridge and followed by the Celestial Tower

And which do you feel is the worst?
    The Tuberline Bridge, hands down, it looks rather boring.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    ... I can't just pick one. xD I really like this region. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    ...I like every part of Unova. It's incredibly scenic..like Hoenn, in my opinion.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I really liked Nuvema Town, especially the overlook into the water in the southern end. I also enjoy Route 1 because of the flowers that change with the season and the overall feel. Undella Town is also pretty cool, but I haven't had much time to explore there yet. Finally, I think that the Gym Checkpoints are superior to previous generations and other places in the game.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Skyarrow Bridge, natch, just to name one. Game Freak really outdid themselves with the scenery in this game, as evidenced by Plasma Castle and the Unova Pokemon League, which look particularly fantastic when smashed up against one another.

I've not yet seen the Abyssal Ruins mentioned here, but, for whatever reason, I really liked how stark and mysterious the exterior looked. Another place not mentioned here is the Badge Check Gates, what with all the Type-themed areas. I'd definitely like to see something like that return in the next Generation!

I've noticed that all of the Gyms in this game have uniquely-designed "battleground" areas around the Gym Leaders, and that's just another nice touch. Burgh's rainbow stained-glass platform in Castelia Gym in particular looks nice.

Years
  • Castelia City.. i simply loved it there and I was alluded back to my 2009 trip in NYC... (yes Im aware that Unova is based from NY too..)

Years
  • Icirrus City is absolutely gorgeous in the Summer with the wetlands reflecting the houses and windmill. It's music is wonderful too, and sounds somewhat island-y which fits the whole "secluded from the rest of Unova" feel that I think it was going for.

The place with the poorest design I would have to say it Route 3. It's the breeding route, and I'm disappointed with the length of the straight away you can take. All the Sinnoh had a wonderfully long round off Solaceon Town, and it helped through breeding, but this one is ridiculously short and you go up a set of stairs, slowing you down slightly (slightly, but after a long time of doing it, you have to imagine it adds up).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Castelia City is reminiscent of the place I would like to live.
    Nimbasa is a sea of multicolored neon which I can also appreciate.
    And N's Castle is just downright elegant. Too bad you can't claim it as your own castle once you topple Team Plasma.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I'm agreeing with the Icirrus City type stuff, that's my kind of place. Especially in winter. N's Castle is nice too, and I like the routes with dips and hills.

Howeverrr.. I really can't stand Nimbasa City at all - I think it's just the music that drives me insane, though, I wish the stadiums had different music at least =/

Back