• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Dragon-Type Pokemon...

Pumpkinz 4 Mayor

Run! Its the Soup Nazi!
    Years
    Kingdra, hands down. Te only thing he is weak to is Dragon, because the ice weakness is negated because of the half-water type. He is great, but alas also very hard to obtain... you have to trade a Seadra holding a Dragon Scale of something like that, then trade back... probably the hardest dragon to get, next to the legendary dragons. Also, he can pwn all of those other dragons because they are all (except Latias and Latios) quad weak to ice, which Kingdra can learn. Plus, this thing has decent speed.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    The best is probably Rayquaza, since it has the best base stats and a decent movepool but it is uber and cant be used in competitive battling. However, the next best (Garchomp doesn't count since if I'm correct, its Uber now. :\) would probably be Salamence.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    What with? dont see no ice beam salamence anywhere. :O what does it OHKO it with then? maybe outrage, but i dunno. Anyway, if you have a properly EV'd Weavile, itll OHKO Salamence, with a Ice Beam. OSNAP!

lolol Weavile with Ice Beam.

Anyway, my favorite is Gabite with Vibrava being a close second.
    edit Didn't read thread title correctly; best is Garchomp... Maybe even Latias. ;)

edit2 lolol, I didn't realize I posted in this thread already.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Dragon Arceus
    Altaria
    Palkia
    Rayquayza
    Dragonair

I love these

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    So they moved my thread into General Forums??

Haha... Sorry for the inconvinience... :)

P.S. = I get it! Arceus is the God Pokemon they all talk about! No wonder it varies in types (basically normal) :)

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    Rayquaza is the best out of those. And it's not just because I'm a fan of it, but because last time I checked, Rayquaza overpowers the others stat wise.

But yeah, when it comes to favoritism, I still think Rayquaza rocks. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't think any dragon types are 'the' best as they all have their own type of style in battling, but I do like Dragonair. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really like Dragonite the best of all, and I think he is the greatest, but this is just an individual's opinion of course.

f l a s h

Gourmand

Former Whale Artist
    Years
    I'd have to say Dragonite. The award for prettiest goes to Dragonair, though. ;D So sleek. So blue.

JakeProTrainer

Insane Strategist
    Years
    It controls the weather. You can't beat that.

The "Best" Dragon-type pokemon, in terms of stats, is Rayquaza. I would like to note, however, that an Ice Beam from a properly trained Glaceon can and will drop it in one hit. A friend of mine who is something of an authority on Eevee and it's evolutions enjoys showing people the battle video of that moment.
    As far as aesthetic qualities go, I'm going to go with Giratina in its Origin Form. It has a unique, and extremely scary, feel to it's appearence.

Back