• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Ending Ever.

Years
  • Definitely the ending of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. I'm not gonna explain, because spoilers, but those who have played it will understand

Years
  • Hm, I'd have to say I still have the ending for Crisis Core engrained in my head. It did a great job acting as the prequel to the main game, but the actual ending itself was horrible for my feels ;;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hm, I'd have to say I still have the ending for Crisis Core engrained in my head. It did a great job acting as the prequel to the main game, but the actual ending itself was horrible for my feels ;;

I second that. It was just a really well done ending. You know from the beginning of the game (at least, if you've already played FF7) exactly how Zack's story ends, but it's still such a tearjerker.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
  • I'll go with all the Metal Gear Solid series (except with 2, that ending wasn't as good as it should have been), aaaand if I have to choose one I'll go with MGS3! It blows your mind, leaves everything open, and it makes you feel proud, sad and happy all at once haha

ps, MGS4 ending is amazing too, specially how much it hurts in the end...

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The ending to Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. spoilers in a gif form below:
    Spoiler:

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    I can't decide just one.

Mother 3 ending is perfect from a narrative perspective. It is really emotional and is told using the gameplay itself, with and excellent use of music and the background to communicate emotions without need of tons of text. Just four lines and the appropriate setting can make the deal.

Earthbound ending is algo perfect, and the only one that actually makes me cry like a baby every time I play it.

Spoiler:

Vagrant Story ending is also an incredible experience (although more cinematographic), the perfect conclusion for the most perfect story in gaming.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    Mother 3 ending is perfect from a narrative perspective. It is really emotional and is told using the gameplay itself, with and excellent use of music and the background to communicate emotions without need of tons of text. Just four lines and the appropriate setting can make the deal.

Pretty much how I feel about Mother 3.

The only other game I think came close to that good of an ending is Final Fantasy VI. Simply because the game manages to make you feel you really did save the world.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I second that. It was just a really well done ending. You know from the beginning of the game (at least, if you've already played FF7) exactly how Zack's story ends, but it's still such a tearjerker.

Yeah, it gave us insight into how he lived his life at least, and everything he did was to benefit others ;; It still brings tears to my eyes whenever I think about his wish of becoming a hero.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • I kinda liked the ending of fire emblem awakening, how you got to choose whether you would sacrifice yourself to put a permanent end to grima, or have chrom do it and have grima return later?
    I won't say what happens after you choose after you sacrifice yourself (because of spoilers).
    I also liked the end of the pokemon black and white games, just having a different ending for a pokemon game already made me happy, but it was a sad ending, N realising that he had done wrong, and flying off on reshiram/zekrom, it kinda made me teary-eyed

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    I don't know why but I really like the ending to Sonic Heroes!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Of the games I've played, I think the original Deus Ex had the best ending(s). It's nothing grandiose, it basically lets you decide how to resolve all of the various arguments being put forth throughout the course of the game. The consequences of your final decision are never completely revealed: they're hinted at, but how things ultimately play out is left unresolved. I really liked it. And then Invisible War came along and made a mess of it. Luckily, I can just pretend it doesn't exist.

I'm planning to play Planescape: Torment soon, though, and it's my favorite game designer's most well-received game. So my answer may change.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Best Ending Ever.

Ghostbusters (NES), easily has the best ending ever. A few lines of text riddled with typos and incorrect grammar is a win in my book.

Yukari

The ending of Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny... Do I really need a spoiler for a game this old?

Spoiler:

Back