• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Friend, Also Your rival

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2011
    Would you consider your best friend the one you would compete with the most? If you got a 95 on a test, and your friend got a 97, would you give an extra effort to do better on the next test?

Or, In a football game, if you and your friend were on seperate teams, and you had to battle for the championship, would you let your friendship go out of the picture and manifest the game into a battle between two friends?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Simple threads like this, that hold very minimalistic discussions (post and go threads, so to speak) belong here, in OVP.

To answer your question, yes, I do consider my best friend to be my friendly competitor.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Oh yeah. I have this frenemy relationship with regards to this girl who does the same course as me. Not my best friend, but she's certainly 'up there' on the friendship scale. She's ultra-crazy-uber competitive with regards to work and she bests me in it about 90% of the time; but that 10% of victory is kinda satisfying when it does eventually present itself.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I do think that my closest friend is my rival. We tend to try and show up each other when it comes to sports or grades.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Is it bad that Hiidoran and I compete over our other best friend? 8D; We both want him really bad. So we fight over him all the time. Teehee~!

But aside from playfully fighting over Klippy, I don't really compete with my best friends. Although I could beat them both in Pokemon.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    The only time my best friends and I are rivals is when we play any kind of videogame (usually it's brawl, mario kart, super mario, CoD, etc) or sport. Other than that we're generally on the same side with most things haha :)

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Used to be that way in the past. However, now my true potential has been revealed numerous times, and nobody that I know rivals me, as they find it point/hopeless.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Yes.
    I'm super competitive, and so is my Best friend. We always try to beat each other in different subjects. :3 And sometimes, I actually think it's a good thing, as it makes both of us improve.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    That happens to me but not in grades or sports, but in fame and reputation. We both have like the same number of friends and he and I both get A's all the time.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    In the past I did, but now we are all good at separate things. Me and one other friend are always arguing whose better in tennis and squash though XD We are REALLY compedative with academic stuff. Ridiculous but we always see who can get the most academic awards and aggregates/Dux.

I used to be competitive with some old friends with swimming though.

Years
    Yeah, but not with grades. With things like sports and stuff like that.

It's all in friendly fun though xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    My best friend never competes with me, even in grades. We don't even want to compete on anything. We just want to be friends, best friends forever! x3

Back