• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best game

More enjoyable

• Red/Blue

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Green

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I would have to say Gold... sure Crystal has all the fancy added stuff and Silver has better looking sprites (most of them look better in Silver than in Gold in my opinion...), but there's something about Gold that I like more. It might be the exclusive Pokémon, might be something else, even I don't know O.o
    I liked the concept too, Johto is the best region and it had the ebst gym leaders too. I liked the elite four because it wasnt insanly hard.
    Insanely hard? -.- I had no trouble beating them even at the point when I thought Surf on Gyarados was a good idea -_-

Johnay

LEET ACTION GUY
    Years
    Gold ALL the way!

Hello This is like my second post here woo hoo! Well anyway I think that Pokemon Gold is the best 'cuz I love all the pokemon you get on it... well besides Sentret *Spits On Sentret* I also enjoy it 'cuz you have to go though bothe regions, Kanto/Johto and get the 16 badges. The one thing that disapoints me about it is the fact that it has no moving pokemon. (Please note that I know that crystal has moving pokemon I just dont like crystal because you get suicune so dam easily and you get ho-oh and lugia at low lvls)

Dam my posts are way too long I need to pace my posts out a bit hehe

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Why does everyone keep saying they like Crystal more than Gold/Silver because you can go to Kanto? You can do that in Gold/Silver too, you know.

Anyway, I think my favorite is Gold. I would like Crystal, but it's basically the same thing with a few tiny changes so Gamefreak and nintendo can suck more money out of your pockets. I felt the same way about Yellow and Emerald.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Roy Mustang said:

2. silver and gold is the same thing as crystal but its more fun, because you get to go to kanto also. ^^

You can go to Kanto in Silver and Gold as well...

I loved Red, it was my favourite game I'd ever played. Silver was even better because the sprites didn't look scary and you could go to both Johto and Kanto. Plus Lugia's aeroblast.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    I liked Crystal, I just like how the Pokemon moved, and how you could be a girl. xD
    But yellow would be a close second. <<

Back