• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best game

More enjoyable

• Red/Blue

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Green

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • Out of all of the games. Which one do you think is the funest.
    I think Crystal version is because the Pokemon move and you go through Kanto and Johto

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Last edited:

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
  • Gold is my fav, Good storyline, 2 reigions my 2nd favorite starter (chikorita my fav starter is mudkip) jhoto has best pokemon but i don't like elite 4 cause there only lvl 40 max

Years
  • I liked silver. You got lugia at a low level so it could learn Areoblast; which is the best move ever. lol Yellow bugged me cause of Pikachu. The rest were just ok though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2009
    i really loved the blue/red it was the first game i ever played and still play it to this day

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Either Green or Yellow. I think Green's my favorite though, because it's one of the classics like Red and Blue, with different looking sprites (even though some of them look weird like the Deformed Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Ekans, Zubat, and, of course the infamous Mew sprite, lol) but it's pretty good game plays just like Red and Blue and is easy to play despite the Japanese language, but if you know how to play R/B/Y it won't be hard. Yellow's a runner up favorite, with Pikachu following you around and the bonus Pikachu's Beach mini game if your Pikachu can Surf! Plus Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle are all availiable to obtain on this version! So those are my favorites.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
  • My fave is silver,emerald with a close second.
    silver was revolutionary,the hype and the wait was worth it.Also the reason I liked silver over gold was simply put Lugia and his sick aeroblast.
    I loved the g/s series becuase of the whole night day and daily events.And from red and blue the leap was huge to silver and gold

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I voted for Red/Blue out of that list. It was new, it was a fresh concept, and it had a bunch of funky glitches for us to play with when we got bored with the actual game. (I can't tell you how many times I've accessed Glitch City just because I had nothing better to do. I'm shameless. XD)

Years
  • Mine would be Yellow because you can face team rocket..can somebody please tell me what is the green version? I have never heard of it?!

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
  • Well my real favourite is in the 3rd gen but close second is gold..Its just soo good. And Green version was the blue version (basically) of Japan.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Silver is my favorite, because of the graphics mostly. They were a lot better than R/B/Y. But yellow is good because you get all three starters. I liked silver because it has cyndaquil, it was my favorite starter.

I liked the concept too, Johto is the best region and it had the ebst gym leaders too. I liked the elite four because it wasnt insanly hard. But I didnt like how the levels moved slowly....Like the gyms dont reach level 20 until leader 3 or 4. Plus the wild pokemon in Johto minus silver cave doesnt reach level 30....

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • crystal is better because:

1. its newer and better than red/blue.
    2. silver and gold is the same thing as crystal but its more fun, because you get to go to kanto also. ^^

but i also like yellow because pikachu is behind your back =D

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    I loved Crystal! Unlike the newer games, you can actually go to Kanto. I loved battling Ash and Gary.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    i think red/blue because it was fun to have to train a team and not figure what was going on because of the bad graphics. yellow would be the best, but your team was too hard to train because the levels were so high. (elite 4 in the 60's!!WTF!!)

Mechaman

Rapidash, GLARE!!!
    Years
  • crystal was my favorite.
    mainly because the pokemon move in that game
    i just started, so can anyone tell me where to get a nidoran(M)
    thanks a lot

Back