• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best gym leader?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I have to admit I am quite partial to Erika because she has an excellent name, if I do say so myself... but she also spells it wrong. :/

I think my favourite gym leader, though, has to be Gardenia! She gets SO excited about her Pokémon--especially her favourites--and that's something I can really identify with. I'm very enthusiastic about my favourite Pokémon even if a lot of people think I'm weird for it (I don't blame them, considering some of my faves). It helps that she has a Cherubi in DP and has a Cherrim in Platinum. So I think we are on the same wavelength! She also has a pretty good dose of personality, for a Pokémon game. I mean, I'm really not one of the people who sees a lot of character in the games--it's gotten better in recent games since they've been writing NPCs into the thick of plots, but usually I find everyone very forgettable and I remember gym leaders based only on the type of Pokémon they train. But Gardenia made me laugh so I remembered her very easily compared to most of the other gym leaders in Gen IV! For example, one thing that stood out to me is that she's afraid of ghost Pokémon and I seem to recall at one point (before Pumpkaboo, obviously!) she even frets over what she would do if there was a Grass/Ghost type because she loves Grass Pokémon so much but is scared of ghosts.

Also, Gardenia makes you fight every one of her Trainers before you can challenge her, which is something that would have bothered me a lot when I was younger, but I appreciate it nowadays because I am a little spiteful and I challenge every single trainer in a gym, so it makes me feel good to know that everyone else who plays has to do the same, whether they want to or not, hehehe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Sabrina is good from Kanto. Then Rudy from Orange Islands was quite funny when he played music and his Pokemon were dancing in battle. Jasmine would have to be the best in Jhoto with her good looks. Norman for Hoenn with him been May's father. That lady who speaks French would have to be the best Sinnoh leader as she's so cool. Unova is a hard one and there is little I know about Kalos gym leaders but Cemont is quite funny with his science machines that always blow up in the end.

Back