• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Hacks That Have Been Abandoned/Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krell_Watcher

Whats crackalackin'
Years
  • Over the years, this website has seen many hacks start and get great running starts only to suddenly and tragically sputter and die. I've decided to name a few hacks that I had high hopes for before they closed, and you all can post yours as well.

Here We Go

5. Pokemon Battle Fire - Last Edit: January 6th, 2008 Last Post by Smauli
    This hack was the first one I ever came across and was already dead when I found which was such a let down I almost cried. It was one of the few games with good fakemon, but it never had so much as an alpha...

4. Pokemon Thunder Emblem - Last Edit: June 2nd, 2009 Last Post by Myokan (Deleted)
    It won hack of the year. It had a beta. It had Pokeriding! This hack was set to be one of the all time best hacks ever post on Pokecommunity, but was finally dead almost 2 years ago.

3. Pokemon Ice - Last Edit: June 1st, 2009 Last Post by JasonX3333 (Deleted)
    Pretty much the first hack. Maybe not the first, but definitely the oldest one we remember. If I remember correctly it won the first hack of the year back in 2004, and had its last post 5 YEARS later. That's a lot longer than most other hacks are even around.

2. Pokemon Toxic Purple - Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 Last Post by dragoniteuser
    This hack was gonna be sweet. All sorts of cool new stuff like no HMs and stealing pokemon, and the alpha was just enough to make us realize how bad we wanted to play, and how pissed we were when we went to the last post and saw it closed.

1. Pokemon Colosseum Advance - Last Edit: December 20th, 2008 Last Post by funnygatt
    I can't tell you how awesome this could have been. I loved Colosseum, it was the first pokemon game I got mad at when I couldn't win, (which is now a bad habit of mine) and I was really looking forward to the beta when I saw all the screenshots, which are gone now and there is no beta. Sucks.

So there you have my top 5 abandoned hacks, compiled in a list so one day someone might have the guts to revive one of them for all of us to finally enjoy! Peace

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    As tile inserter for the 1st on your list, I'm happy now, as the tiles were my first few. There were talks to restart it, which sadly fizzled out, mainly due to our ASM hacker being... difficult (not their fault, some issues they had in life), but if the idea is still there (which it could be) then Colosseum Advance could return at some point.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Marble and Sienna. ):
    Especially Marble. Call me weird, but I loved Baro's fakemon.

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2014
    Probably Pokemon 2012, not the one me and blazequaza made, but his one. I was looking forward to it being done better by him.

I'd also say sienna

~MayanMan

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Gotta agree with Thunder Emblem.
    But... why noone mentioned Genesis? :/
    If something, then Genesis should continue...
    Also Life of Guardians even though DJG continues posting updates =)

life of guardians still post updates? i haven't heard from that hack in so long, i thought it died. well its good to know that they didn't abandon it, since the trilogy were one of my favorite games.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Gotta admit Pokémon Ice and toxic Purple inspired me to do this hacking stuff xD

It's a shame ice was never released :/

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    DJG told me that he's posting updates on his Facebook account.

he should post them on his hack thread, so people know that the hack is still not dead, unless he is keeping it secret or something, then i understand.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Sienna was at least playable and gives significant enough gameplay for a hack...there are some hacks such as Never Black&White that had grand concepts and amazing screenshots then ended up not going any further. The gameplay was pretty great (not really enough to have an strong opinion) but the game looked absolutely gorgeous. The graphics were nothing short of breathtaking and I have not seen any hack on here match that since...

I had played Toxic Purple as well, and the concepts described in his posts, as well as the hilarious dialogue got me extremely excited. Unfortunately all we got was an alpha with perhaps 20 minutes of gameplay... Another amazing one was Pokemon Identity, the hack felt as though it was going to be a full on, epic Quest Based RPG game, I was very disappointed when it was halted.

I definitely recognize the difficulty and the effort required (the high quality hacks that have neared completion or have substantial gameplay have been running for many years) but its disappointing as fans to go through the excitement and letdowns hacks provide.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Pokémon: Naranja. It was the first hack I played properly and despite having awful translation it played very well, the palettes were fitting too.

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
  • Abandoned Pokemon hacks....

Hmm.....I`d say that pokemon quartz one,they ended it too soon....though it was a bit older Which reminds me,I wish their was a pokemon game that,didnt,have this,....."Ugh....im bored now!!!" feeling after i beat it,I want to create my own game(gba and of possible mix a few things together? xD) that never has that feeling,But,I need help....Also,I want to maybe compile some abandoned ones together,or all of them in bits and pieces!

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
    Years
  • Marble. I started playing, got past the second gym, and then I was like "WTF Baro, Quartz was so good, now I'm disappointed I can't finish this.." Same thing with Toxic Purple, the plot was the most creative I've seen so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back