• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best Moveset for Modest Togekiss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    What is a great moveset for a Modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 Togekiss with Serene Grace ability?

I for one thought of:

Dazzling Gleam - Fairy STAB
    Aura Sphere - against Ice and Rock weakness
    Air Slash - Flying STAB (plus Serene Grace increases chances of flinching)
    Psyshock - annoying Pokemon with high Sp. Def ...

I don't know if this is a great moveset, what do you guys think? What moves should replace?

Also, how should I spread its EV's?

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • this set is bad because it is not making use at all of togekiss' awesome defensive capabilities
    All your offensive ideas are generally ok but you should really consider maxing out HP EVs to make the best use out of an healing Roost, adding at least 100 evs to defense to cover yourself from Stone Edge and Physical steel attackers, and adding some stat boosting move like nasty plot.
    It not the best pokemon for competitive but i bet it can become a decent stall filler for your team if you really love using togekiss.
    Cheers!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Like Caius said, Togekiss makes for a great bulky attacker, so you should make it like this:

-Togekiss w/Leftovers or Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed
    Moves: Air Slash, Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot, Roost, Dazzling Gleam

or

-Togekiss w/Life Orb or Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP, 216 Sp.Defense, 44 Speed
    Moves: Air Slash, Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot, Roost, Dazzling Gleam

The first set is physically defensive/mixed, while the second is all out specially defensive. I prefer paraflinch (for the lulz), but Nasty Plot works well too.

Togekiss does have some other fun moves to play with, like Aura Sphere and Psyshock, which gives it a bit a 4 moveslot syndrome problem, but the above will probably give you the best results.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • For Togekiss, I prefer to run Timid nature instead of Modest. This is my personal favorite set for Togekiss:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psyshock/Psychic/Trick

Now of course, Trick won't be able to be used until Pokebank, but with that coming out fairly soon it's a good idea to be thinking about Pokebank Pokemon :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • For Togekiss, I prefer to run Timid nature instead of Modest. This is my personal favorite set for Togekiss:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psyshock/Psychic/Trick
    Agreed about your choice for a Timid Togekiss over a Modest one, but your move set doesn't really make use of Togekiss' bulk which can be very useful, especially when it can be out sped by many others in OU.

My best piece of advice is to teach your Togekiss Thunder Wave and put some EV's into its HP/Sp. Def if possible, but definitely max our your Speed as far as it can go. Since it's not a Timid nature you won't hit the maximum reach for its Speed Stat, but Thunder Wave should help you out in this case.

Also, you might want to take this on over the the Battle Center's Simple Questions & Answers. That's where most trainers go when they're looking for some quick advice on building their Pokémon for competitive battling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back