• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Music?

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
  • Which gaming franchise do you think has the best music?

For me, it'd be the Zelda series. Hands down. Then Pokemon, that old theme song is just so, so catchy. XD

I have no idea where to find Pokemon music (from the games), so if anyone knows where... tell me. kthx XD

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • Nah...not Zelda..

Probably Mario.Not the old ones as much.The new ones.Like Paper mario:The Thousand Year Door,or Super Paper Mario.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • The "Tales of" series, no question about it. Each soundtrack has it's own unique feel to it, and the songs are so catchy and colourful, and I've yet to play another game series that executes a soundtrack so well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • From what people've said, Tales of Symphonia sounded like Golden Sun. And I hated the music from Tales of Legendia. XD;

Anyway, I do like most of the music from the Tales of series, but my overall favourite has to be the Kingdom Hearts series. I like the image songs and the soundtracks themselves so much. And one day I WILL get the complete OST. T_T;;

I love the Final Fantasy music too. That's always done well. :x

Okami also has a gorgeous soundtrack; I love listening to its music.

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I like LocoRoco's music *shot*
    Hmm, hard, I like Pokémon music xP

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Guitar Hero 2, Zleda: Twilight Princess, then of course Pokemon DP. I like DP's more than any other of the series. Maybe cuz it's newer and I really havn't heard it much. Guitar Hero 2 is kinda stupid to say, but what the heck? I like the song track. Zelda is just good.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have always like the music from Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 10 had the best for the series.
    Pokemon's music is OK. Zelda is another one of my favorite for its music.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
  • I have always like the music from Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 10 had the best for the series.
    Pokemon's music is OK. Zelda is another one of my favorite for its music.

Just when I thought nobody was going to say FF games. Anyway, besides that and Zelda I'd say Castlevania SOTN.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I haven't played a single Final Fantasy game, but I have the soundtracks to the first eight games. I am a ZeldaFan and I love Zelda music, but... it just can't be compared to Final Fantasy.

Every Final Fantasy game's score manages to be completely new (save for a few themes), while Zelda heavily reuses old themes. Although, most of the time the renditions of these classic themes are completely fresh or even well disguised (like in The Minish Cap).

My favourite video game scores are:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask (I group them together due to featuring heavy song reuse)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (I like this score from Shimomura much more than overly synthesized Kingdom Hearts)

I also like Paper Mario. Tsujiyoko and Senda did a great job of giving classic, recognizable Mario music an extra kick.
    GoldenEye managed to get a lot of mileage from one theme. XD

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Kingdom Hearts, for 'Simple and Clean', and Utada Hikaru.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • ELITE BEAT AGENTS MUSIC PWNS ALL

Well sweeties, for me, it is the original Super Mario Bros. I could actually jam to the 8-bit chip tune music in public and couldn't care less.

Also Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, Megaman, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG, and Street Fighter music were good too. XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Command & Conquer, no question. Frank Klepacki > Nobuo Uematsu and Yoko Shimomura, any day of the week.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Oh, that's easy.

The Atelier Series, hands down. Also, Ar Tonelico and Mana-Khemia and really any Gust game.

The music isn't overpowering and headache inducing, but you'll find yourself humming the tunes after hearing them enough. Plus the opening themes are just awesome.

If you've never seen or played these games, you're really missing out.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Was listening to my MP3 last night and I forgot all about "Passion" and "Simple and clean. From Kingdom hearts.
    But it still has to be Final Fantasy 10. Mainly because of sudeki da ne. That song is amazing.

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
  • Well, I can't really say Guitar Hero 80's Edition since they didn't actually create those songs...

So I'll have to say Tales Of..., Golden Sun 1 & 2, Lufia 1 & 2, and probably Final Fantasy, even though I've never finished a Final Fantasy game before.

Back