• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Non Legendary Psychic Type Pokemon to Use?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Metagross for sure, but you have an aversion to even pseudo-legendaries, Espeon, Exeggutor, and Starmie are pretty powerful. :P

True, i love metagross, BUT exeguttor has too many weaknesses, starmie has a terrible movepool, espeon is good but for a pure psychic pokemon alakazam is waay better...

WH

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Bronzong or Espeon if I had to choose two, though Exeggutor, Slowbro / king, etc are all good as well.

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    Espeon is great, as is Alakazam. If you EV train a Hypno or give it enough vitamins, it'll be a really good addition. I find Hypno to be such an underrated Pokemon. Jynx isn't bad either.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've always liked Alakazam! Other then that maybe Gallade since it's part fighting!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I really like Gardevoir or Gallade. One of the two are always a staple on my team.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Personally, I like Alakazam with his/her high Speed and Special Attack. Give'em Focus Blast to ward off Dark-Types and you can have a serious threat on your team. Metagross is also good with it's high Attack and defensive qualtites.

~Prof. W.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Gardevoir, Hypno, and Slowking. I've always been one for the more flamboyant Pokemon anyways. xD
    But Gardevoir for its bulkiness, Hypno for it's unusual versatility, and Slowking for it's Sp. Defense.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well...what is your definition of "legendary"?

Mew and Mewtwo aren't legendary, in my opinion. They're just "rare". In that there aren't many Mew around, and they're hard to find, and really, there's only one Mewtwo. Neither's Deoxys, it's a "space virus", not a "legend".

So, using those definitions, Mewtwo is my favourite non-legendary psychic type. Closely followed by Deoxys and Mew.

However, if you count them as legendaries, it'll be Ralts. My memories of searching for one for hours when I got Emerald just make it shine out. I can't choose out of its' evolutions, so Ralts is the way to go

Years
    I'll go with Medicham for physical,it's very fatal in competitive play and could sweep easily (unless you have the wrong stats and moves). I'd probably choose Alakazam for special.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I'm gonna go with Alakazam or Espeon.
    Even though I've never used a Espeon,they seem like they would be a good psychic Pokemon.
    But I have used a Alakazam before,there also a good psychic Pokemon.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    well it depends what you need.. i have used not too many psychics but if you want a sweeper your best bet is alakazam. after that is probably espeon but espeon doesnt have focus blast (i think) so alakazam is a safer bet.

gallade/madicham for physical sweeping. medicham has pure power so i would choose medicham. most people tend not to have psychic moves on metagross and its most used set doesnt have a psychic move so i wouldnt count metagross

gardevoir for inflicting status. also makes a decent sweeper/wall

True, i love metagross, BUT exeguttor has too many weaknesses, starmie has a terrible movepool, espeon is good but for a pure psychic pokemon alakazam is waay better...

starmie has far from a terrible movepool. surf, thunderbolt, ice beam, psychic, rapid spin and recover say hi.

but on that note if you want a psychic do not use starmie it is best used as a water counter (due to thunderbolt), rapid spinner or straight forward sweeper.

Alakazam is weak as junk. At least choose a OU psychic if you want stat points

Stat wise alakazam will always lose to metagross. With a stab priority move and superior movepool meta has overshadowed alakazam.

Meta=OU
    Ala=UU
    Espeon=NU
    So yeah I mean if you want stronger poke's; stat wise, you would go with Metagross not alakazam.

am you seem to forget metagross and alakazam attack from opposide sites of the apectrum. PLUS alakazam was moved down to UU during the fourth generation solely because azelf (A LEGENDARY) took its place so do not call alakazam junk its very powerful ive used it.

and also yes espeon is defined as NU by smogon but alot of other sites put it as OU due to its use as a calm mind baton passer who can deal a lot of damage with stab psychics launched off a 130 spec atk stat.

long post but i had to say it

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    glalade or gardevoir, i hev both of them. There such a strong team

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Starmie! =D It can learn Thunderbolt as well as Ice Beam,Psychic and Surf.
    It has good stats and i use it when i can. I mostly don't use Alakazam cause its defense sucks, and i once lost with a Ninja Boy's Stunky, cause it can't learn many non-psychic moves, Gardevoir the same, and i prefer Sp.Atk over Sp.Def, so it would have less Sp.Def and more Sp.Atk.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
    It'd be Starmie or Espeon for me. Starmie because of it's movesets and stats. And Espeon for appearance. And Maybe Abra. In Fire Red I used to spend a lot of time trying to catch Abra. >:It always used teleport on me so I'd used Great Ball on it. Then I would evolve it..and the Kadabra would be my E4 Team. After that..I leave it in the PC.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    nobody read what i said :( and i but so much effort into that :(

Back