• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Or Worst Pokemon Games?

Will The Remakes Destroy The Original's 'Magic'?

• Yes...A completely bad idea!!! :@

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • No Way!...I can't wait for the Remakes!! :D

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • I not really fussed...I buy everything pokemon!! xD

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • FR/LG were good and thus I believe that HGSS too will be good. They can never destroy what we felt when we played the IInd gen games. As they will be good(nintendo never made a bad game! Not even R/S/E were bad!) I don't think there is any need to think about them to be bad or to destroy our past experiences or anything else!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I don't think the remakes will break GSC's 'magic', because the remakes are still different games then GSC. I mean they cannot 'harm' the originals because they aren't the same, you know.
    We know that Kanto was included in GSC and we didn't say that GSC broke the magic of RBY, because they were different games.

The magic in the original GSC games are in no way affected by other games.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
  • I don't think it will take away from the magic because i didn't really like the Gold and Silver generation anyway >.> They can only improve...*gets shot for that* XD

Years
  • I don't think it will take away from the magic because i didn't really like the Gold and Silver generation anyway >.> They can only improve...*gets shot for that* XD

*shoots* :P
    nah i mean fair do's if you didn't like them
    personally, i loved them and i'm proepr excited for the remakes.
    its just a shame i've gotta wait almost a year before they're relesed in the UK ;| (why the US version can't be released in the UK aswell is beyond me, as they're identical)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't know if they will destroy the original feel or not until I play through the game. Then I'll decide whether it did destroy or not.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • We'll have to see. I mean, they aren't the originals, so some of the magic will be lost automatically, but it's the next best thing, so hopefully it lives up to the name with the new things added in.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I don't think it'll destroy the magic. I'm overjoyed about the new games!
    I can't see anything that would ruin the originals, and if the game isn't good, it wont lessen my opinion on the originals. I'll be disappointed if it isn't what i expect it to be, but the original gs will always be the original.
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver are new adventures, in a very familiar place. It'll have its own magic, as GS has it own magic.

derozio

Years
  • I don't think it'll destroy the magic. I'm overjoyed about the new games!
    I can't see anything that would ruin the originals, and if the game isn't good, it wont lessen my opinion on the originals. I'll be disappointed if it isn't what i expect it to be, but the original gs will always be the original.
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver are new adventures, in a very familiar place. It'll have its own magic, as GS has it own magic.

I completely agree with you there buddy. Those two are totally different and won't affect each other. I have not seen anything bad or dissapointing in HG/SS untill now and I bet won't see anything in the future too! HG/SS will be a heck of remakes. BTW even though they dissapoint us(I actually don't think that this will happen!) they won't take away the gen II's magic, will they?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't think anything will be destroyed, but improved instead.

I know i'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but I thought FR/LG were much better than R/G/B.

I have no doubt that these remakes will out sell and out rank the originals (even without Kris).

derozio

Years
  • I don't think anything will be destroyed, but improved instead.

I know i'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but I thought FR/LG were much better than R/G/B.

I have no doubt that these remakes will out sell and out rank the originals (even without Kris).

Green: Agreed
    Blue: Somewhat agreed.
    Red: Totally agreed!!! :D

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I think that elements of the remakes will spoil the originals but I think there will be many more positive things with the game than negative ;)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    *shoots* :P
    its just a shame i've gotta wait almost a year before they're relesed in the UK ;| (why the US version can't be released in the UK aswell is beyond me, as they're identical)

Because it would be unfair for the rest of europe.
    I don't think it won't destroy the magic for me considering that I basicly never played G/S/C.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Because it would be unfair for the rest of europe.
    I don't think it won't destroy the magic for me considering that I basicly never played G/S/C.

By that logic, a worldwide release would be the only fair option.

I wish that this was a worldwide release.

Years
  • By that logic, a worldwide release would be the only fair option.

I wish that this was a worldwide release.

aye, why should america get it before the UK/Europe

and it might be unfair if the UK got the games before the rest of europe, but isnt it a bit unfair that we have to wait an extra 2 or 3 months for the games to be translated into european languages, when the English ones don't differ AT ALL from the american release ;|
    this aside though, i have a feeling these will be the best games yet
    (what i don't get though, is how they've managed to implement so many new features on HG/SS but they couldn't implement them on platinum?! its only like a year gap... if that)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    aye, why should america get it before the UK/Europe

and it might be unfair if the UK got the games before the rest of europe, but isnt it a bit unfair that we have to wait an extra 2 or 3 months for the games to be translated into european languages, when the English ones don't differ AT ALL from the american release ;|
    this aside though, i have a feeling these will be the best games yet
    (what i don't get though, is how they've managed to implement so many new features on HG/SS but they couldn't implement them on platinum?! its only like a year gap... if that)

Well, because we're better?

jk jk.

I think they were holding the features back for the remakes because they wouldn't seem as impressive if they didn't. Also, they have a lot more freedom with this than they did with Platinum. No one's seen this on the DS, but everyone's seen Sinnoh.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
  • *shoots* :P

Hehe, yeah. It's so annoying that the UK waits longer. Their excuse is that they have to make the different languages for the rest of Europe, but Britian has to wait because of that?? The only changes they would make would be things like changing 'mom' to 'mum' XD

derozio

Years
  • The only changes they would make would be things like changing 'mom' to 'mum' XD
    Wow! That's certainly a VERY big change! lol XD

On topic: I bet these games will be the best ever! They have so many great additions that I have to say they will be the BEST!

Back