• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best place to purchase Japanese versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • I'm trying to get my hands on the Japanese SoulSilver--I mean the legit game, not a ROM--and am looking for the easiest way to purchase it online. Preferably through some place more formal than eBay, and they have to be able to ship to the US. I've done some searches, and so far the cheapest Japanese SoulSilver I've found is $52 on a site that looks like their description of the game is a slightly cleaned-up Babelfish translation, so I'm a bit suspicious of them.

Considering how many people here have already played HG/SS, I know that not all of you downloaded the ROM (even if most of you might've, I don't know the statistics), and I know that probably very few of you, if any, actually got the game in Japan. :P So, where did you get your copy of the game?

(Please, no comments saying, "Just wait for the English version." I'm looking specifically for the Japanese version because I'm currently learning Japanese, and since the game is aimed at a lower reading level, I think it'd be a great way to practice my reading and vocab skills. :D Based on the clips and screenshots I've seen of the game, I know just enough Japanese to understand the dialogue as long as I've got a Japanese dictionary close at hand. And please, no comments saying, "Just download the ROM," either.)

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: And before anyone points THIS out: yes, I'm aware that they're available at Play-Asia.com; I was just hoping they might be available elsewhere, preferably for less than $60.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There was an old thread made for discussion on where to buy the Japanese copy, here's a quick link to it [Where to buy]. Be cautious it is over a month old, so reviving it would only get it closed.

Though, a simple Google search would have also given you a few other sources on where to purchase the Japanese copy of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I would have recommended Play-Asia, but it seems you've already pointed it out. I just say to be smart on where you purchase the game, because a more expensive copy coming from a more reliable site would be better than getting a bogus copy of the game any day.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Thanks, although the only site that thread links to is Play-Asia. :P No point reviving it to ask for more links, I suppose.

The simple Google search I performed turned up sites that charged about the same as Play-Asia, or else looked kind of fishy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Then it's probably best to stick to Play Asia than go for those other sites - it is probably your best bet after all. Try seeing if it's on other main sites like, say, Amazon, but if not, stick to Play Asia. It's unlikely you'll be able to find it that cheap from a good site considering it only just came out and will probably remain at such a price for quite some time, I'd imagine.

Going to close, don't see any other options there. (But if you somehow know of a good place besides those mentioned, vm/pm ckret2 by all means!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back