• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pok?mon generation?

Which Generation

• Kanto

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I liked the first generation, basically as i liked the pokemon, i mean in g/s/c who can like to start of with at blob a.k.a chikarita! So i never got in to the game, as i didn't like the starting pokemon.

-Matt

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    Differnet people have differnet feelings.

Apparently, eventhough the true-blue Pok?mon fans, who've been with Nintendo from the begining, are begining to dislike Nintendo's products, they continue to make them further and further away from the originals, because they have to satisfy the newer audience. Just think of a kid who reccently got onto Pok?mon, and sees a Blastoise in the Red animation way. He'd chuck the game away. For use, those images bring back good memories, but for the new kid, it would just make him feel that Nintendo is crap.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Deathspector said:
    Differnet people have differnet feelings.

Apparently, eventhough the true-blue Pok?mon fans, who've been with Nintendo from the begining, are begining to dislike Nintendo's products, they continue to make them further and further away from the originals, because they have to satisfy the newer audience. Just think of a kid who reccently got onto Pok?mon, and sees a Blastoise in the Red animation way. He'd chuck the game away. For use, those images bring back good memories, but for the new kid, it would just make him feel that Nintendo is crap.
    Well said. That's why Nintendo should buy back all its old carts and burn them. ^_~ Well, for those new kids, you'd always see the newer games end up their favorites, and they'll find those the best.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    Personally, my fave will always be the original 150 pokemon, the kanto ones. Just most of my fave pokemon are from it, and you can't beat the classics lol, i like the johto ones but at that time i had stopped watching pokemon so i didnt get to be very involved in that, the hoenn ones are good, but no i like the originals :)

BROOKE_&_LUGIA

Certified Pinkaholic
    Years
    Johto is BY FAR the best generation!!! Lots of STRONG pokemon in that one, even though there were only 100 pokemon in that generation. I also like the original 150. I don't really like the third generation that much. I don't know why, the pokemon just aren't as good.

The third generation RUINED the WHOLE pokemon craze anyway!!!! Haven't you noticed the merchandice isn't like it used to be. The pokedex is all messed up, and they even say Lugia [my favorite pokemon] DOESN'T EXIST!!!!! That's just STUPID!!!

Years
    I think Kanto is still the best.

The pokemon look great and its the generation that Onix is in.

The pokemon are strong and everyone knows alot about them. Pokemon like Dragonite, Marowak, Mewtwo, Fearow, Jynx and Dugtrio. These pokemon have alot of meaning behind them and alot of history unlike the new generation where not so much is known.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    True, very true. Kanto was an amazing region, and the Pok?mon all had history behind them. The third generation Pok?mon hardly have any history, and those who do, have crap history.

To add to what I said earlier, all tose new people who've just gotten introduced to Pok?mon. You just wait and see. When loads of other generations emerge, the third generation will always be their favourites. At least, if they're sane people...

Back