• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon bootleg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGamecube64

The best console ever
    Years
    So, there are quite a few bootleg Pokemon games out there, such as Jade, and Diamond (not to be confused with the actual Diamond of Gen 4). I was thinking about getting one just to be able to say " I have a bootleg Pokemon game" and laugh about it, and possibly to do a let's play of it. what is the best bootleg Pokemon game?

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I haven't played a bootleg pokemon game but I think you should play pokemon creepy black. It has an interessting story line. I didn't know those you listed where bootleg's I thaught they were rom hacks.

SuperGamecube64

The best console ever
    Years
    I haven't played a bootleg pokemon game but I think you should play pokemon creepy black. It has an interessting story line. I didn't know those you listed where bootleg's I thaught they were rom hacks.

When a ROM hack is put onto a cartridge, and sold on the market it is a bootleg.

Years
    pokemon shinygold is the best bootleg I have ever played, mainly because it is one of the best rom hacks.

generally, however, if you want non-nintendo pokemon games, rom hacks are so much more available, free, easy to play and generally better than bootlegs.

and for a rom hack, pokemon light platinum is awesome!

Years
    Bootlegs are illegal, Jus' sayin'.
    Many of the bootlegs even have on or around the title screen: "Don't support pirates, if you paid for this game, you got cheated. Try to get a refund. This game is meant to be free for all."
    I actually have ShinyGold and GBA Crystal.
    GBA Crystal is horribly translated, just to let ya know.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
    I actually loved Jade/Diamond. I had both on a dual cartridge, which my dad boughht thinking it was real. Never finished them though, and then the save files got corrupted...

TickleTot

Shiny ruler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    I've been looking for this game, both pokemon jade and pokemon diamond my brother had the old versions of them on his handheld, he unfortunately lost them.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Back in the very old days, I play those bootleg GB version of Pokemon which called it Diamond. It was very weird game that is not closely to pokemon at all, just cellphone crap

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Damn, son! This thread is dusty and has many laugh lines. Vietnamese Crystal was hilarious, though. Bad translations are aways a laugh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back