• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Best Pokemon Game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    What is the best/funnest pokemon game you've ever played?

Mine would probably have to be Pokemon Stadium2 For the N64, It just was the funnest for me... then probably pokemon Emerald

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Gold/Silver/Crystal was great, but Pokemon Stadium was my favorite old time game.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I am used to be a true Gold addict ^^.
    It was like, one of the first games that I played that had more then one colour on my screen :'D

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Red and Crystal XD.
    Red cuz it was the first portable game I got. I was like WOAH!!! and mum bought it for me :). And it's a mad ass game.
    Crystal cuz Johto owns, I loved Suicune, still do ;) lol -_-

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    RBY is terrible compared to the newer ones. In pretty much every single way.

Were Ruby and Sapphire the height of Pokemon madness? Did you ever sit around the lunch table with Diamond and Pearl, sharing the secrets of Missingno and the Mew behind the truck? Did you ever show Mewtwo off to your friends in Emerald, bragging about how you caught him with a Poke Ball? No.

Therefore, RBY is the best. Hands down.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    RBY is terrible compared to the newer ones. In pretty much every single way.
    Oh yes, the games that started the entire franchise are horrible. If they were actually horrible, I don't think Pokemon would be as popular as it is today.

I'd love to hear the reasons why R/B/Y are so bad to you.

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Pinball R/B

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Oh yes, the games that started the entire franchise are horrible. If they were actually horrible, I don't think Pokemon would be as popular as it is today.

I'd love to hear the reasons why R/B/Y are so bad to you.

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Pinball R/B

Never said they were horrible. I said they were horrible when compared to the new ones.

I'm quite tired of people thinking that "original" is a quality in and of itself that makes a game better than newer improvements of it. Red and blue were fun games. I'd still play them now and enjoy them. They were the ones that started the franchise off and for that I am grateful, I guess, but I don't see how that fact actually makes them better games.

Here's the reasons why the RBY series pales in comparison to its newer versions. (Again, not saying that the games themselves are terrible, just relative to the new ones).

-Poorer graphics. I know that most people don't care about graphics, and I don't either. However, it's foolish to not think that the improved graphics and colors of the newer versions doesn't improve the quality of the games in some way.

-Lighting. This is more of a complaint on the system at the time than the game, but there was no backlight back then, and as a result it was pretty difficult to enjoy the game unless you had a light or something behind you, which for some kids (LOTS at the time I'm sure) was a problem when they wanted to play it at night but their parents enforced a "lights out" rule.

-Content. Come on. There's just so little to do in the original ones compared to now. Once you beat the game, you go and get Mewtwo. That's about it. Trading involved a link cable and a friend, and so pretty much hardly ever happened. The whole game was based around catching only 150 pokemon (considering Mew wasn't catchable), and beating 8 gyms plus the Elite Four. Now, there is SO much more to do than just that. You have berries, poffins, contests, the GTS, the Battle Zone, new pokeballs with different features, capsules/seals, breeding, chaining, tons of legendaries to get after beating the game, and way more stuff in between the gyms. Not to mention, way more pokemon to acquire.

-Undeveloped/Imbalanced system. Pokemon only had one type. There were no genders and no breeding, which opened the doors to new moves (Attract, Captivate) and new Pokemon (babies, gender-specific evolutions such as Gallade/Gardevoir, Mothim/Wormadam, etc.) Also, before Dark and Steel types were added, Psychic was rediculously overpowered, as its only weaknesses were bug, and no CPU or even actual person had a strong bug type (there weren't even really any strong bug attacks in the first place), and Ghost, which included what? Dream Eater and Night Shade? One needs a condition and the other is a set damage. I beat the entire Elite Four with a Kadabra back then. That's just not even fun at that point.

I don't care if certain things in the newer games that aren't in the older ones aren't actually that good. I'd rather have something that's just "meh, could be better" than not have it at all.

natbong00

Customs User Title
    Years
    I'd rather compare FR LG with the 4th generation games than 4th Generation games with the 1st generation ones, these last which were created 10 years ago.

I mean, 10 years means a lot in a technological view of things. If 10 years ago they had the Nintendo DS available, you'd see something a lot better not only aesthetically-wise, but in game content too. You need to have that in account.

I think my favourites so far are Emerald and Crystal. Even though the 2nd Generation had an huge filler called Kanto. I mean... Almost negative plot, just the thought of collecting badges. It didn't real amuse me.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I'd rather compare FR LG with the 4th generation games than 4th Generation games with the 1st generation ones, these last which were created 10 years ago.

I mean, 10 years means a lot in a technological view of things. If 10 years ago they had the Nintendo DS available, you'd see something a lot better not only aesthetically-wise, but in game content too. You need to have that in account.

I think my favourites so far are Emerald and Crystal. Even though the 2nd Generation had an huge filler called Kanto. I mean... Almost negative plot, just the thought of collecting badges. It didn't real amuse me.

Fact is though, they DIDN'T have it back then, so I don't see how one can say RBY is better than DPP. I LOVE the first Super Mario Bros. But would I call it better than Mario Galaxy? Maybe if I were on a lot of drugs.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    G/S/C becuase of the storyline and the fact Kanto was avaliable, but for graphics, D/P and for fun, FR/LG

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
    For me, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness is still a very addicting game. For the regular Pokemon RPGs, Gold/Silver/Crystal is still the best.

Back