• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Rookie March 2011] Begin, Again (Kanto Journey RP)

Years
  • (OOC: To the guy above: SUs go into the OOC thread, and I don't think spots are open. Also you have to pick from the list of starters RHCP gave. Seeing from the order of your SU, I'm guessing you either didn't c/p the SU sheet or never read the plot at all to begin with. -.-?)

Chapter 6: Digging Out the Problem! (Part 1)

Rowena strolled and noticed a commotion up ahead the path. She read a weather-beaten sign that said "Diglett's Cave". Amongst the bustle of activity with tents and machinery lying everywhere, Rowena spotted a very familiar policewoman.

"Officer Jenny!" She ran up to her and Officer Jenny turned to look at her.

"Oh it's you. Why are you here all the way from Pallet?" "Didn't you hear? I'm one of those who graduated from Cedar's! I'm an official Trainer now!" Rowena chirped. "Oh, Officer Jenny? What's going on here?"

The policewoman looked unsure and worried. "I'm not quite sure. These people are trying to dig a route through the cave to Vermilion. They have the authorities' approval so technically, they're not breaking the law. But…" Her voice trailed off and Rowena knew then which side she was on. Officer Jenny moved out of the way somewhere else to check on something, thus Rowena decided to sneak nearer to the site. A few men excavating eyed her and grumbled at her, "Hey you! Get out of the way! Unless you're one of those new recruits, then lend a hand here!" Ugh. Like I will. Meanies.

She shot a glare at the grouchy men and stalked further away. Then, someone tapped her on the shoulder and Rowena turned to face a woman suited in white. "Hello, my dear. I see that you do not like the idea of them digging through the Diglett's cave." "Of course! It's Pokemon's habitat and home too! They've no right to do that!" Rowena rattled angrily, her tone brimmed with emotion.

"You've got attitude, lady. And I like it." The woman remarked. "Would you like to help us in rescuing the Pokemon and getting rid of the diggers?" Rowena nodded vehemently. She was then brought to a group of two other people around the same age as her. A girl with light-brown hair and cheerful green eyes introduced herself as Suzie. A boy with black hair and amber eyes shook her hand. "Nice to meet you, Brighton." Rowena greeted in response.

"So what do you think we should do? We need a plan." Suzie commented. "I think I should distract the diggers while you girls quickly get those Pokemon out. Once that's done….we'll think of something, I'm sure." Rowena nodded her approval and Suzie followed.

Brighton sauntered off to the crowd of men. From afar, the girls couldn't hear what he was saying to the diggers but it sure sparked some anger among the mob. Brighton could be seen waving his arms in the air while declaring something loudly above the buzz of chatter. Suzie nudged Rowena and they both sneaked off behind the site to a way to the cave. When no one was looking, they both ducked into a wide shaft and stumbled into the cave's interiors.

The scene around them greeted their eyes like treasures piled up in glittering mounds. Except that, the treasure was everywhere, on the walls and ceilings. It was nature's precious secrets. "I wonder why anyone would want to destroy this…" Suzie murmured with awe and Rowena agreed. This is a beauty not to be destroyed.

"Okay, time to get back on track. We need to round up all the Pokemon residing here and get them out." "But they might not listen. Some persuading might be needed." Suzie spoke thoughtfully. Rowena nodded with a smile as they got to work.

As they turned a corner, they met into a pair of Pokemon. One was a Woobat, fluttering its wings in mid-air while the other, a Drilbur strolling along the cave floor and dragging its claws on the rough earth.

"Isn't this so cute?" Suzie squealed with pure delight as she circled the grinning Woobat and inspected it. "I would love to have her!" As Suzie fussed over the Woobat, Rowena eyed the Drilbur who stared back at her. "Drill?"

"We'll see how good you are, Drilbur." She reached into her pocket and produced a ball capsule.

"Out you go, Starlia!" The feisty bird emerged from the Pokeball and tilted its head whilst looking at Drilbur curiously.

"Laquis, let's go!" Suzie chirped, excitement plastered all over her face in a smile as a Panpour was called out. "Pan, pann! ~"

Both female trainers then shouted their commands in unison. The water monkey scampered towards the Woobat and slapped a hallucination of looked to be a tongue across the Woobat's side. It stung for a moment before retaliating by whipping up a strong breeze with its wings that pushed the Panpour backwards a few feet. Starlia spread out its black wings and dove towards the Drilbur and smashed its breasts full-force against the mole Pokemon. The Drilbur winced before raking its pointed claws against the bird's back. It then did a quick spin and the claws met with Starlia's wings. Both Pokemon were thrown back by the collision. The Starly then shrilled a cute call that echoed within the depths of Diglett's Cave and the Drilbur let down its guard and claws for a moment. Rowena then gave the signal and Starlia was off in the air and violently knocked the wind out of the Drilbur.

Meanwhile, Suzie's Panpour was putting up a good fight with the Woobat. The fluttering creature then emitted a weird pink sound wave that cloaked Laquis and an ear-piercing ringing could be heard. The blue monkey winced and covered its ears as the sound wave lifted it off the ground and tossed it a few metres away. The Panpour hurriedly took to its feet and dusted itself, before turning to face the opponent. The Woobat swooped down from the cave's ceiling towards the Panpour but it went off target and Laquis took this chance to swipe its fingers furiously at the side. The Pokemon spun around and swatted Laquis with a whisking gust that threw the monkey off balance.

"Now Laquis! Lick!"

The blue-furred monkey jumped from its position behind the Woobat and lashed out a misty illusionary tongue that coiled around the flittering Pokemon and flung it to the floor. The Woobat tried to fly away to safety but was stopped short by a jet of water from Suzie's Laquis. It toppled to the ground and let out a sighing whimper as its eyes lolled and glazed.

At this point of time, as Suzie tossed an empty PokeBall at the Woobat, Rowena's opponent seemed to be a very worthy one. It was resilient and that's what she liked of the Drilbur. No matter how many times Starlia struck it with head-on tackles again and again, the Mole Pokemon could withstand all those damage with impeccable defense. A definite useful addition for my team.

Once again, the Starly spread its wings and took flight to the top of the cave and rushed downwards to the Drilbur. Wing met claw and an audible thud of a collision echoed through the cave. The Drilbur then shoved Starlia to the ground with a slash of its claws. As it started to place its digging claws together and rotating its body like a drill, Rowena instructed Starlia to prepare another attack from the sky. The Drilbur spun like a miniature twister but the Starly counter-attacked with a strong cuff of the wings to the forehead of the mole. It stumbled backwards as it tried to hurl chunks of soil and mud as the blackbird but Starlia gracefully avoided the Mud Slap in the air. The bird did a twirl and a loop in the air before landed effortlessly onto the ground in front of the Drilbur. The Drilbur raised its brows but it was too late as Starlia unexpectedly lunged forward and pushed it far to a wall. The Ground-type Pokemon slumped motionless against the walls of Diglett's Cave. Soon it was enveloped in a cluster of bright red energy before a red-and-white ball capsule replaced the spot where it was lying.

Both female Trainers waited with trembling breaths as they watched the PokeBalls shook and shivered in the dim lights of the cave.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ combativepain - What Diamond said.

@ Diamond1304 - Great battles :D Sorry for taking so long in responding. I fear this is an age where chaptered journey RPs aren't very much alive... apparently.

- Rowena caught a Drilbur! (level 11 male)
    - Starlia (Starly) grew to level 7!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So finally! I'll post the next chapter now, but you are free to keep posting at the Digging Site until you feel like you are done.

Chapter 7
    Pewter C i t y
    <Click for chapter theme song>

After the ordeal at the Digging Site, you probably need to rest up. Don't worry, Pewter City is the next stop on your journey!

Lying next to some big brown mountains, Pewter City has expanded upwards the slope, and the streets are well maintained but winding with slopes and stairs up and down the mountainside. Both the Pokémon Center and the Pokémart are still on the ground in front of the mountain though. As are the famous museum where a rather crazy man rules.
    He's called professor Mushafa
    [Best Rookie March 2011] Begin, Again  (Kanto Journey RP)
    and he has turned the place into no longer just a place where you can see skeletons of extinct pokémon, but a large indoor place where they have built up sceneries with many kinds of pokémon skeletons in jungles, lakes, forests and such. It's quite an interesting experience, like walking through a living land with zombie skeleton pokémon. There is also no moon stone meteorite. It's been stolen and lost many years ago.

If you talk to anyone in the museum, they can probably tell you about the general suspicions that the mysterious black dressed Team Kuro were the ones to once steal the meteorite from the museum.

If you talk to Mushafa, he can eagerly show you the rarest things they have there now: some real fossils. He says that far away on the burned down Island of Cinnabar, there used to be a laboratory where they could revive fossilized pokémon. But there was no life on Cinnabar Island nowadays... at least no human life. Mushafa really wants to see his fossils live though, so if you ever hear of a way to revive them in the future of your journey, you probably could tell him...

>> There is also something else in Pewter, probably even more interesting. The first gym you can challenge. It's the highest located building in the city and the entrance is a big gate in the side of the mountain at the end of the highest street. The whole gym is located in furnished caves inside the mountain, and the biggest cave is the arena where gym battles are held. A big glass window in the cave's roof lets sunlight pour down on the arena.

The gym leader is called Hariba
    She's the young niece of Brock, the old gym leader. Just as him, she is quite the sturdy type and uses rock types, and her team is:

Boldore

Lv 14
    - Tackle
    - Harden
    - Sand Attack
    - Headbutt
    - Rock Blast

Aron

Lv 15
    - Tackle
    - Harden
    - Mud Slap
    - Headbutt
    - Metal Claw

Don't get scared of the pokémon's levels. Use your smarts (and writing skills) and you can surely with this battle! Make it epic enough and Hariba might give you a present afterwards...

You probably should try and defeat the gym leader if you want the badge, as people around Kanto will respect you more the more badges you can show them.
    If you talk to Mushafa about the fossils now, you will get one later in the story. It can be a fossil pokémon from any region, but Mushafa himself doesn't know which fossil is what pokémon and neither do you.

Discuss any questions or confusions in the OOC thread!

Catchable pokémon:

None, in this chapter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, I'll be gone from PC (at least as a moderator) until July 17th. Now, most of you players seem to have taken a month off already... But just so you know. You can still post. You can make several posts if you want to (not in a row, of course) and I'll evaluate them and give exp if I find the time to get online, or when I come back. See you!

Back