• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Best sprite insertion tool?

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
Years
  • jMnNPXd.png

April Fools thing is annoying, so I screenshotted.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    It does palletes too.

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
    Years
  • what i mean is when i insert the image the palettes are all messed up. do i have to manually edit them?

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    It shouldn't be messed up, are you sure your sprites are indexed and you've clicked update pallete or something. I know it indexs them itself but I find that sometimes it just gives you 16 shades of the most prominent colour if your image has too many colours.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • what i mean is when i nsert tha image tha palettes is all messed up. do i have ta dawgually edit tham?

The problem is that you did not synchronize your palettes. Also, if you import single sprites rather than 256x64 it has problems. I'd make a 256x64 image of all 4 versions of your sprite, make it indexted, MAKE SURE YOUR BACKGROUND COLOR IS FIRST, then click 'import all'. Then synchronize palettes.

flash boy

Hacking since 2006
    Years
  • Interesting. I haven't made my backsprites just yet, drawing 151 pokemon was difficult enough, that's the thing. Also I haven't made alternate colors for the shiny palettes. However, I may not make those anyway. Would it be fine to use two sprites with the same colors? So basically no shiny colors.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Nterestng. I haven't buggine mah backsprites just yet, drawng 151 pokemon was difficult enough, that's tha thng. Also I haven't buggine alternate colors fo tha shny palettes. However, I may not make those anyway. Would it be fne ta use two sprites wit tha sbee colors? So basically no shny colors.

Yep that is actually what I did for a lot of fakemon I inserted, since I was too lazy to make shiny forms for each one (at least for now). If you want to test but don't have your backsprites yet, you could just make a 256x64 with all four of them front sprites, again just for testing that it works.

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Nterestng. I haven't buggine mah backsprites just yet, drawng 151 pokemon was difficult enough, that's tha thng. Also I haven't buggine alternate colors fo tha shny palettes. However, I may not make those anyway. Would it be fne ta use two sprites wit tha sbee colors? So basically no shny colors.

Know how you feel, I had to do front back and a second frame for the animation. Took me months.

Years
  • You need icons with two frames, which is why it is 32x64. I'll PM you a link to all gen1-5 icons in the proper format, if you want.

Can you tell me where to find Gen. 4-5 icons? I used to have them, but, somehow, it got deleted.

Back