• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter Final Evolution of Each Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • grass (fave to least fave):

fire (fave to least fave):

water (fave to least fave):

and my favourite one overall:

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Fire - Typhlosion
    Water - Feraligator
    Grass - Meganium
    All from generation 2 :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Grass: Venusaur, with Sceptile and Serperior as runner-ups
    Water: Feraligatr, with Swampert and Blastoise as runner-ups
    Fire: Infernape, with Charizard and Blaziken as runner-ups

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Grass: Serperior, as an owner of snakes of course this is my favorite and my favorite grass type in general. Too bad it's not a combo of poison, but grass snakes aren't, *sigh*, venomous. Least favorite? Turtwig...prolly. Torterra grew on me but all the Sinnoh starters were dumped quite quickly in the PC after getting a Shinx.

Fire: Charizard, my goodness duh! It's a flying fire breathing lizard. Least favorite? Chimchar...I hate monkeys.

Water: Tie between Feraligator an amazing alligator and Samurott a samurai...um, badass thing! Least favorite? Piplup hands down. Thank you Dawn's Piplup for ruining that Pokemon for me. Your constant stupidity and unfunny antics in the cartoon completely makes me hate it now. Least favorite is Froakie hands down now.

Last edited:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • Grass: Sceptile.That thing has a great design and I was quite happy when i got my first one.

Fire: Charizard. although it wasn't my first starter,I started loving this thing in game and the anime!

Water: Empoleon. its a Water Emperor Penguin. nuff said.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Fire : Charizard because of his speed and his flying type outset a the later generations fighting fires
    Water: empoleon because if his steel typing gives him alot of resistance
    Grass : Venusaur because of its poison typing

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • My favorites are:

Fire:

Grass:

Water:

Fire:
    Charizard because it's been my loyal friend since my first adventure through the world of Pokemon in Red Version. Infernape because I'm a mythology buff and it's based off of Sun Wu Kong from Journey to the West. Also, both of their arcs in the Anime mirror each other and that type of underdog story appeals to me.

Grass:
    Sceptile mainly because of aesthetics and its portrayal in the anime. It's just so cool. Serperior mainly because of aesthetics and for some reason, it appeals to me alot more than the other two Unova starters. Also, the Serperior that I used in my White 2 playthrough was the ace of my team, and that team included the likes of Arcanine, Lapras, Galvantula, Braviary and Krookodial.

Water:
    Feraligatr because, like Charizard, its been with me since the original Gold and every time I've used one, it ended up being my most reliable partner in an already incredibly strong in game team. Swampert because, even though I love Sceptile and like Blaziken, it is the definition of a beast. It is the only water type starter immune to Electric attacks and it can learn Ice Beam or Blizzard to decimate it's only weakness, grass. After Feraligatr and Lapras, I don't need any other water type but Swampert.

Last edited:
    Years
  • We've already got active threads asking about favorite final evolutions over in Pokemon Voting Polls right now, so there was no need to bump a 2 year old thread. Please make sure threads are less than a month since the last post, and if you do a search and can't find anything, please make a new thread instead.

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back