• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Starter Pokemon

Which Starter is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I will post until this thread closes that Inferanpe is by far the best. With any items you want, any movest(legal) you want on ANY of the starters in this poll, my Focus Sashed Infernape would murder them

treecko0

Carpe Diem
    Years
  • I used my infernape for my game run and he devestated everyone except in the ghost gym that one i had trounle but ya he murderd lucario in the fighting gym and Cynthias lucario

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I've ALWAYS loved Piplup. She, the beautiful, penguin Pokemon. She was my first Diamond starter, and I loved her.

We went through a lot together.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    I chose piplup because I always get the water type but I'd have to say infernape is the best. Absoute beast of a mixed sweeper!

iCoffee~♥

★ aka hoodiegirl ☆
    Years
  • I personally think Empoleon, which was my starter, was the best among the rest. Basically, it's stats and skills outraged the gym leaders when I used it. :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I think they're all great, but I have a slight preference for Chimchar. I've beaten the game with all of them though.

Last edited:

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • I chose Piplup as my starter in Pearl because it was soooo cute to my eyes. Stat wise Empoleon is more of a Special Attacker then anything else, while Torterra is more of an attacker. Infernape being the fastest of the three starters. My Empoleon still managed to sweep all of the gyms, except for Volkner.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • first i picked piplup at first it wasnt that good caz he didnt have alot of good moves then when he evolved to empoleon he had good movset but horrible speed and i realy hate slow pokemons so ill go with infernape caz he has good moveset goos status and he is fire type

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Turtwig, both in design and practicality.
    His main weaknesses that he has to worry about are fire, and ice? Most ice-types are Water as well and weak to grass, and he gets Earthquake if he evolves at level 32 to deal with Fires.

Also, Earthquake kills both other starters.

And Infernape is infinitely ugly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back