• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Starter

best starter

• bulbasaur

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • charmander

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • squirtle

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • treecko

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • torchic

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • mudkip

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Mudkip is ahead by a landslide! Or would that be a MUDslide? heh

Oh...Prof. Davis -.- *Tuts*

Anyway I picked Torchic, just because Blaziken is pure pwnsome.

EDIT:
    I tend to prefer the starter that has the best advantage against the champion for that game. So It changes. FR/LG, Either will do. R/S, Mudkip & E, Treecko.

Mudkip? Steven uses Steel pokemon mostly, Correct?

Then surely a Fire/Fighting type is better...

Im hinting at Blaziken if you didn't know already...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Totally disagree. Swampert is a much better choice than Blaziken against Steven. First off, its use of Water, Ground, and Ice attacks make it just as offensive as Blaziken, but it is its MUCH better typing and MUCH better defenses that allow it to battle at a lower level than Blaziken.

On top of that, Swampert is one helluva competitive Pokemon too. Far superior than any other the other starters in the game. There is not a single other starter in the game (including DPP) that can compare.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Bulbasaur is my sentimental favorite. The first one I ever used, though I first beat the game w/ Charmander.

Back