• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Type

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    i would have to say phsycik dark and dragon are my 3 favourite types but for the best type i would say steel on the defensive side.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Grass and Electric are my top favourite elements. Not because they were super good at defense or offense, but I just somehow get attracted to these elements.. ack it, even my top 2 TCG decks are from this two elements XD

[Fear_Itself]

I am your worst nightmare.
    Years
    I'd have to say, my favorite type is definately the Dark-type.
    Their defense power is truly strong.
    I remember going up against the Dark-type trainer of the Elite Four in the Silver Version, and it was hard to get past her Umbreon because my attacks didn't seem to do much.
    Then, of course, I switched to a Fighting-type, and it went down easy.
    But still, if a Dark-type was the last pokemon in your party after a hard battle, I'd say you'd have a chance of winning (Unless it were up against something twice its level).
    So, I'd definately go with the Dark-type for defensive purposes.

Secondly, for offense, I would strongly suggest the Psychic type.
    There aren't alot of Psychic-type moves that are offensive, since most are generally used for affects (Kinesis, Reflect, Hypnosis, etc.).
    Psychic moves such as Psychic (Doi xDD), Psybeam, Dream Eater, and Psywave can be very, very useful if your pokemon is at a high level.

Lastly, for cunning and strategy, I would strongly suggest the Electric type.
    Moves such as Thunder Wave, Lock-on, and Zap Cannon can be used in sequence for devistating affects. As well as the paralysis affect, Lock-on would ensure a direct attack from a not-so-frequently-hitting Zap Cannon.

That is why I assemble my teams with a balance such as this.​

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Steel types are the "best" in terms of defense. Impervious to Poison and has, like, 10 or 11resistances. But not much is weak against it. Skarmory makes it impervious to a previous weakness, ground, but opens up a new one, electricity. But that's good. Basically all that happened was that a weakness changed and it became impervious to another thing. In addition, Steel types only have 2-3 weaknesses.

A balanced type is Electricity. It is also among the best types, and is my fave type. Thunderbolt is a great move, which when used by an electric type (Heck, the only others I know that can use Thunderbolt/Thunder are Starmie [How???], Castform [Wheather], and Zigzagoon [WTF...I taught it Thunder and Surf]) has a general power of of over Thunder's base power, AND has 100% accuracy. Thunder Wave is a great move since, IMO, Paralysis is the best condition (And runner up is badly poisioned from Toxic only). Oddly enough, though it seems the best, frozen is the worst conditon. Almost any fire move and even some other non-fire moves defrost the Pokemon, and there's no move that directly and only induces sleep. Instead, you have attacks with a 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 or something chanes of a freeze. plus, Thunder Wave is one of the only no-cost 100% accuracy moves that inflict paralysis.

As a rule, electric pokemon, being electricity, are generally fast, so if they're down by a few levels, you're fighting another electric Pokemon, or something like Speed Deoxys or other, the pure fact that Paralysis cuts your speed hugely is enough, then the thrown in addition your opponent might not be able to attack. You gain a sheer advantage with faster pokemon. Electric Pokemon are very well capable with inflicting this, as almost every electric move except Shockwave as a 1-in-something chance of paralysis, and that tallies up with a team of electrics and some defense against it's few weaknesses. In addition, Pokemon such as Electrike and Manetric are even farther capable of inflicting paralysis, with not only Thunder Wave and electric moves, but then there's the fact that they have that static ability which works more then one would think.

On my electric Pokemon, I generally run the fastest of them like Jolteon in my party and have Thunder Wave on most of them, Thunderbolt on all if I can get it, Thunder on some just in case against tanks. On most of my Pokemon I have quick attack for a finisher, especially if they get paralyzed but had weakened the opponent way down first.

Holy crap I typed a lot >_>

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Ice, as explained by my username. I developed a liking for it just out of disgust for how much Dragon-types, particularly Rayquaza (as old-time PUKers will remember of me) were used. It's great against four types (Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon), ineffective against three (Fire, Ice, and Steel). In my opinion an Ice-type Pokémon or a Pokémon with an Ice-type move would be a more-than-decent investment.

God, I sound like a newspaper quote....

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I like Dragon and Fire (cliche no?), I think they are so pretty/cool, and are powerful. My favrotie of each is Salamence and Blaziken.

I think they work well together, and base that off of experince. I had a Dragonite and Charizard on my FireRed and transered them into XD, and they were awesome

Back