• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best villain boss?

Best villainous leader?

• Giovanni of Team Rocket

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Archie of Team Aqua

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Maxie of Team Magma

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cyrus of Team Galactic

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Ghetsis of Team Plasma

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Lysandre of Team Flare

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Gonzap of Team Snagem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evice of Collosseum's Cipher

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Greevil of XD's Cipher

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I voted for Cyrus mainly because he was by far the biggest pessimist out of the bosses in the game. And he gets his just-desserts big-time in D/P by being devolved into nothing in his new universe.

Years
    ... And, what, exactly did he achieve by himself?
    Also, let's just compare this for a minute.
    The recreation of a new world/random crimes that build up to nothing.
    Now which one would require more effort to do.

Anyway, I vote Cyrus, mainly because I liked his plot, Team Galactic was a pretty great organisation, in my opinion, and they also achieved a lot of their goals, and were basically never foiled until the very end.
    I also liked all the small stuff this had that was revealed later on, such as Team Galactic having a cover of being an energy-producer and actually doing so, hence why nobody suspected or stopped them.

Thematically speaking, and generally how pokemon games go.. characters like Giovanni work best in my opinion because of how little impact they have.. yet manage to be a continuing villian. Lets be honest here, the real end game bosses have always been the Elite 4, and they're pretty much neutral.. Basically its when they try to pull some kind of "Final Fantasy" style storyline, it's often done poorly.. which subtracts from the experience *mostly for me personally*.. Giovanni is a down to earth crime boss who just wants money and uses pokemon to get it.. and he didn't need any plot devices to make that happen.. plus he's not some kind of deranged lunatic.. sure he has morality issues, but he ain't no nutcase. He's a "business man" .. so reshaping the world/killing everyone everything is kind of counter productive.. and I kind of respect that.

Probably didn't answer your question.. I'm not saying he's the best because he was first, or I have nostalga for him.. he just works best with pokemon on a whole because he's not so over the top crazy pants.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Ghetsis because his ideals were the most politically driven of all bosses, and he did have a great team lineup (except in BW 2). Cyrus and Lysandre just seem like tacky extremists with overdone fashion senses.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    It has to go to Giovanni! He did so many evil things and is probably the most recognized boss and yet still ended up being the 8th gym leader.

Pinta77

Yeah he doesn't play a huge role in Pokemon colloseum I suppose... but I think encountering him is pretty intense. You're battling the guy you betrayed!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I guess Cyrus, Ghetsis and Lysandre. Giovanni was just an ordinary gangster without any clear goals, Archie and Maxie are just too ridiculous to be taken seriously. Cyrus is where Pokemon started having actual good villains. As mediocre as the game was, Cyrus was probably one of its highlights. He was really a madman. So I guess, Cyrus is my favorite villain. Lysandre and Ghetsis close second and third places.

Years
    I won't count spin-off villains in this.

Ghetsis was pretty much a hardcore villain.
    He's mixed with Cyrus' madness, and he abuses his N to get what he wants.

I forgot the rest; something's wrong with me today..

Back