• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best villain team?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Team Rocket grunts may have killed a Marowak which has been an accepted fact since Gen 1, Team Aqua and Magma may have tried causing a natural disaster but in the end redeeming themselves (Maxie and Tabitha or Archie and Shelly) (save for the Admins Courtney or Matt), but if there's a villain team that takes the cake for me, that would be Plasma. I think of all the villain teams, Plasma (B1/W1) has caused more in-lore and even fan-made debates regarding the relationship with Pokemon and humans. Sure their leader Ghetsis in the end was nothing more than a rather cliche'd villain but his plan was well executed in a sense that in my opinion, does not ruin his character as the guy you'd listen to but hate in the end, and he got a whole team of men, women, and N to let people (and the fans) think twice about their relationship with pokemon,

I'd say that for an antagonist team, Old Plasma, from the way it was written and executed went really well in turning them into a group of antagonists that challenges the players regarding their ideals.

Spoiler:

Regarding the individual antagonist, Cyrus (especially how he was written in Platinum) is really well thought of. If there's one thing i like about certain antagonists, is how they can carry themselves. Team Galatic's Cyrus has a unique style among the core series crime leaders that make him quite interesting, being more than just an NPC that we players have to "slay".

Now for Team Aqua and Magma, depending on the version, or to put version agnosticism, in EMERALD, i see them more as a band of misunderstood individuals rather than actual evil villains, especially to their respective leaders. The fact that they redeem themselves to us "good guys" by helping out with the mistakes they have caused really reduces the "Evilness" that they have but in a way, it makes them REALLY LIKEABLE as characters who we want to show our respects to. Just my few cents.

Stealthfire

Steel-Type Master
    Years
    My favourite villian team has always been Team Magma, but I do love Team Galactic too. One of the things I liked about both was how much personality the team admins have. I also love both Maxie and Cyrus as their team leaders.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would have to be Team Rocket for me, for sure. Not only have they been making appearances in anime since season one, which, I believe, is one thing that had made me grow this used to them, but unlike any other villainous groups, they've also taken part in two generation of games in a row. Have been a fan of them for a very long time, and will continue to be for much, much more years to come.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
    No doubts..Team Rocket they are always in the Pokemon anime...Just think KANTO to KALOS..They never give up...

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    I'll go with Team Flare. Especially since Lysandre is pretty evil compared to other Team bosses.

Also, why haven't they shown up in the anime yet?!

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Team Rocket is just too fly. I love their classic burglary and mobster/gangster robber esque villainy. It helps that their uniforms are slick as hell.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favourite team was always the Galactics, they had a pretty cool uniform (as far as evil teams in Pokémon are concerned, at least...) and used much more interesting Pokémon than most of the other teams. Their overall plan was a little strange compared to other teams but I loved the concept of the whole team having been misinformed by the leader. Pretty cool plot twist!

Sirfetch’d

Their goals weren't the best but I am a huge fan of everything Hoenn so naturally I had to pick them ;) They have a great design though overall and I am a huge fan of Archie in particular. It's weird because my least favorite(Plasma) probably had the strongest goals haha.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really enjoyed Plasma, because they had some internal politics. I enjoy team Rocket for the same reason. Rocket was also fun because the lack of a "redeeming" master plan. They were just bad guys doing bad things and they knew it. Not every villain needs twisted morals. Plasma did it right though.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Team Plasma and Team Flare were pretty cool in terms of plot, but nothing beats the hands down psychopathic aims of Team Rocket. Though I think I have to say that I'm not a fan of Jessie and James. Frankly, think they're annoying and contribute nothing but comic relief. Meowth, on the other hand... :p

Back