• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Wishes Opening

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So, Jake found the opening for me, and after watching it, I was left surprised. It's in 3D graphics, which I figured after reading on SPPf that it would be. However, it seems Pokémon finally saved up the money for an opening that didn't have to take any scenes from the actual show itself.

What do you guys have to say about it?
    I like the song though, and I'll grow to the opening. I like it, it's just different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I loooove it. So very much. :D
    The song is awesome, it's just... wow. And the 3D animation stuff is omg. B/W totally is revolutionary. I can tell other people won't like it though, which is sad, but oh well, I love it anyway <3

Pikachu looks like an idiot though...imo. :x But the rest are awesome.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    It is sure unique, and I love how they made it 3D something that'll make B/W stand out even more from the crowd. Like Forever said though, PIkachu looks like a total douche bag to be simply honest. I can completely not understand the song but by the sound of it I think it might be pretty good.

One thing; they didn't include: Emonga! D:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Aww. Great song! Tsutarja <3 It's actually a cool theme. I thought I wouldn't like it 'coz of the CGI, but I love it. It makes the Pokemon a whole lot cuter, even Pikachu :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I loved it :3 The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't really have any of the main characters in it or anything to do with the storyline! - Didn't exspect the GCI though!

I bet they won't use this opening in the dub!

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Pikachu... Jumps from Reshiram's butt. Ooooooookkkkkkkk.....

I guess they're gonna colour the shadowed Pokemon as they appear.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
    I pretty like the opening and I think it has a little bit of pearlshipping in this part of lyrics

If I listen closely, I hear a nostalgic voice (Nostalgic voice = Dawn?)
    A voice from the future (Return to series?)
    It's always praying for me
    "You'll be all right! (All right! = Daijōbu! (Dawns japanese catchprase))
    Somehow it'll be all right! (same repeats)
    Everyone will be all right!" (same repeats)

Lyrics Form Bulbapedia

Waht do you think ?

Last edited:

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Very good, actually. I mean, 3d? What is better than that? Although the song is not so much good, but I'll live. We'll see what the English song will be.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    That opening is a joke. For once, I'm actually happy that the dub will replace the original opening. The animation was ugly and even though the song was nice it doesn't get any redeem points because because it was done in CGI. And CGI in Pokémon is always terrible.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I like that its from Pikachu's point of view, YAY Hopefully that means Pikachu will get more of a role than it did last series. I don't mind the opeaning really, I'll get used to it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    TheFuturePokemon said:
    I dont like it. Where is ash? dento? Iris?

Probably somewhere more interesting than this opening. I'm happy they didn't animate any humans in this one since they would've looked terrible. Or they probably animated it like this because there were no humans included. Either way it's ugly.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Probably somewhere more interesting than this opening. I'm happy they didn't animate any humans in this one since they would've looked terrible. Or they probably animated it like this because there were no humans included. Either way it's ugly.
    To be fair, I think the opening isn't that bad. When I first saw it, I didn't know what to feel. Watching it again, I just realized it's different. The music makes up for it though being pretty well. Not to mention, we haven't had Rica sing an opening for awhile now. So, I give credit to the animators going for something new, seeing as that's what they're reaching out for this series - new, yet back to basics.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    She was in High Touch! and that wasn't too long ago. Also, new is only good if it's pulled off right and this wasn't. It was ugly and the CGI is average at best. I guess it was well done for the show's budget but it still sucks.

Lαvi

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    ..this sucks, like a lot. I expected better, really. The song is only okay. Pikachu looked like an idiot. I'm glad they didn't 3D animate humans; it would've been terrible.

I actually do not mind a normal opening, as in a cartoon one. This one was too much.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I actually liked it.. It was darker than the other openings, and heavily referenced that Best Wishes was Black and White, instead of making it all cheery. xD; I was hoping to see some of the cast, but it was new and different, sooo yeah. Although, weird CGI aside, I loved the song.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I really, really like it. I love the idea of showing the Pokemon as they appear in the anime. Sort of not spoiling it, you know? Loved the music too. The 3D looks good as well. ^_^

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    I think pikachu looked a bit ugly but I cant truely judge it untill It comes out in english... I've heard learning the japaneese language is easier than the writing but I'm still lerning spanish as it is ;)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, either this was the most awesome opening yet or this was the most awesome opening yet. As usual, my views are inverse to Vernikova's.

The song was definitely the best component. Of course, the opening itself is such a creative new form of an opening. It was really that way to represent that BW will be an unique series, and it was also a curtain that represents how much it's also going to be a surprise throughout. I haven't been this excited about Pokemon since.... well, 2nd grade honestly.

Years
    I love the song. The animation was pretty cool too. I was a little disappointed because I didn't get to see any trainers or anything, but nonetheless, it was very well put together!

Back