• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Worst Alola Shinies

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I think in general the shinies this gen are kind of lackluster. I think I'd rather see a Pokémon change slightly then to see a Pokémon only change parts of it.

One example of this is Bounsweet, it's shiny reminds me of Togekiss, not really noticeable. Another one is Komala, the log change is cool but the Pokémon itself is a disappointment.

Obviously there are also shinies that change a lot but instead get the Weavile effect, just plan ugly color combinations. Such as the Jangmo-o line.

I think the best shiny line is the Rowlet line.

Charjabug is definitely no Metapod when it comes to shinies. I mean Metapod is Vermillion, a color that instead a primary color.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I like most of the shinies this gen. I think they look pretty cool.

I love Shiny Dhelmise, Wimpod, and Crawbrawler. They all look really cool! I think red shinies got justice this gen.

Kommo-o can GTFO. Seriously, Gamefreak? It's not that Pink and Yellow can NEVER work, but they way they did it here is atrocious. Are you telling me that this shiny was seriously approved? Even lackluster shinies are still shinies I want to look at. I never want to see this shiny again. All the colors are applied to the wrong places of it's body and it really just screams "UGLY" in big bold letters. Not as bad as shiny Krokodile but still very very close.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I honestly think most of them are pretty bad, but I'd say the worst would have to be Jangmo-o line, along with Pyukumuku, Solgaleo and Lunala.

My favorites would probably be Cutiefly line, Wishiwashi, Stufful line, and I guess Alolan Raichu.

There are a few more I like but I wouldn't call them my favorites, like Komala, Oricorio, and Togedemaru. I also really love the idea behind Alolan Grimer/Muk - how Kanto Grimer/Muk is the shiny Alolan color, and the Alolan Grimer/Muk is the shiny Kanto color.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I don't like the Litten line's shiny forms. They remind me too much of candy canes which is just extremely silly.

Dewpider and Araquanid's black/purple/red mix were definitely a step in the right direction for what a popular shiny should be. As we know, black makes awesome shinies.

shiny litten line looks amazing.

Decidueye is an amazing shiny. I have a shiny oranguru in the february competition....It could look cooler...but oranguru is still kool. Kommo-o in shiny form is an abomonation.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Seriously, if there's a shiny of this generation's new Pokemon that I desperately want, I definitely want a shiny Mimikyu or Fomantis. The former being grey reminds me of sepia tone-coloured rags, while green looks nice on Lurantis.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Shiny Alola Ninetales was disappointing, with it being so close in colour to the non-shiny version.

Best: Minior is the best by far. The black is just way too cool. I also really like the orange/red mushrooms on Morelull. Too bad shiny Shiinotic looks terrible.

Years
    Shiny Alola Ninetales was disappointing, with it being so close in colour to the non-shiny version.

Alolan Vulpix gets it even worse. It's just as bad as Garchomp as far as near-identically coloured shinies go. I can't even tell if it's a shiny unless if I look at it really close.

Back