• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Worst Voice Actors

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2004
    I think Ash definitely has the worst voice (excluding the advance series, that's coming on Sunday :D) but it's still pretty good. Jesse, James, Brock and Mysty are legendary and just perfect for their characters. Meowth is pretty great as well. The best voice I'd say would be Mysty(maybe it's because she's a girl).

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    I agree that ash during the first part of the indigo league sounds like hes 45 yrs old w/ a cold...but it gets better/more girly(like a 10yr old should sound like) as the show goes on

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *hisses* death... to... Veronica Taylor... Grrr....
    *thousands of people agreeing in the background*

squirtle_girl

Zeni~!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Jessica said:
    A woman doing a male character's job?

Aren't they working Vernica too hard?

Well, there was the lady who did Richie/Sammy's voice named Tara Jayne, but I wouldn't want her doing any other male roles because she never changes her voice (even though I happen to like them ^_^).

frostweaver said:
    *hisses* death... to... Veronica Taylor... Grrr....
    *thousands of people agreeing in the background*

Look, I'm not here to argue or anything, but just because I happen to like Veronica Taylor's voice means you must sick your Anti-Veronica Taylor Society on me? Geez...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    actually the anti-Veronica Taylor applies to one character- you know who... i think she actually sounds fine for Ash's role. And by the way... i carry that around with me to everyone, and surpress this image on everyone, just like how the media functions nowadays anyway... don't worry i expected that one day i'll meet up with a Taylor fan anyway. So i guess the poor woman does have fans supporting her against fellow "evil" Taylor Haters like me ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    no no no... a lot older... how old Delia is is how old you know who sounds... Haruka looks 15-17 herself because of a certain special gift from the creators of this anime so if she does get a teenager voice i'm perfectly fine with it... but a 30 year old woman... unacceptable... *pukes*

(listening to a clip of the scene from Let's Get the Show on the Road where you know who crashes into the tree helps you puke faster than gagging... that "ouch" just... *pukes*)

squirtle_girl

Zeni~!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    I haven't heard the May voice yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys mean.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    i watched Let's Get the Show on the Road on the sneak peek preview... but they did redub that episode once (with the voice actor still being Veronica Taylor as you know who for both times though) so maybe she put a little more effort into her voice.

When you know who has a bike accident crashing into a tree, she says "ouch" (very normal), but crashing into a tree should sound a little bit painful? She says it just like a normal dialogue which i'm disgusted with! Hope they redub that line for the better...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    squirtle_girl said:
    Well, there was the lady who did Richie/Sammy's voice named Tara Jayne, but I wouldn't want her doing any other male roles because she never changes her voice (even though I happen to like them ^_^).
    Oooh, I never knew Richie was voiced by a lady. o_O And I used to think that 'boy' that voiced him had the cutest voice. ;_; *sighs* Oh dear.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2004
    Hey, noone has pointed out that May sounds *exactly* the same as Ash's mom. I guess they couldn't have Mrs. Taylor doing too many different voices or she would get mixed up.

Anyway, I think May looks exceptionally hot, much more than Misty could ever hope for (Ash should really try something :D).

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2004
    It would be funny to see Veronica Taylor working especially when Ash and Misty had a fight. :laugh:

Heyyyyyy, no wonder you never hear Ash and Misty talking at the same time.... just kidding ~_~

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    User said:
    Hey, noone has pointed out that May sounds *exactly* the same as Ash's mom. I guess they couldn't have Mrs. Taylor doing too many different voices or she would get mixed up.

Anyway, I think May looks exceptionally hot, much more than Misty could ever hope for (Ash should really try something :D).

actually we pointed that out 2 months ago (or whenever we saw the sneak peek)... that's why i decide to give up English AG in total... her voice! her voice! *pukes* Can't wait to see a conversation of you know who talking to Delia with Satoshi talking once in awhile in the background... let's see how she handles a situation like that then.

regarding your second point, a lot of other boys commented on that a long time ago too, hence to Kairi and my belief of Haruka (the one in the show) being at least 15 or so due to her rather gifted appearance *ahem*

Back