• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bethesda Creation Club - Lets Converse chapter 1

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years

What the F**k is the Creation Club? Basically its Bethesda's new iniative on mods for its two cash cows in Fallout 4 and Skyrim but in order to get some of the mods, you have to pay for them. The only good part is that they are guaranteed to work on your respective game since they are quality checked as ive read on some sources.

Still though

This is easily one of the worst things to happen on recent history. Its basically paid mods. The worst part os that you have to pay for credits in order to actually have the allowed currency to buy the mods.

A lot of parties are already sh*ting on this thing so we migjt as well join in.

LETS F*+kin Talk about this!1

Last edited by a moderator:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    It's hot garbage is what it is...

Every game company nowadays are trying to nickel and dime their consumers, I get that... but what Bathesda is adamantly trying to do is outright slimy and stinks of greed. They're trying to make you pay for mods... MODS!!!

Should modders get payed for their high quality work? absolutely, but most mod sites have a thing called "A DONATE BUTTON" some have PATREON accounts. High profile modders are already getting paid.

Not to mention that this turns the modding scene, into a filthy cash grab market, kinda like how steam greenlight was. Instead of being competitive, passion filed community.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Okay we all know the creation club BY FAR is one of the most EMBARASSING and DISTASTEFUL things to have ever happen in the duckin industy which somehow manages to beat Shadow of War microtransactions by a buckshot. This basically is a backstab to the modding community which for years are driven by dedicated players and content creators who take time and effort to offer something new and awesome to the games they love.

Its a shame. Bethesda was once seen as a company that embraced modding considering that not only Skyrim and Fallout are those heavily influenced by modding, hell go to even the likes of DOOM (the classic counterparts - classic Doom to even Doom 3) and Quake which btw are of Bethesda's property as well which have EVEN BIGGER and DEEPER roots to modding even before Bethesduh acquired them. I can already see the creators of Batman Doom laughing their dicks off from how awful the Creation Club is.

I can easily see the likes of John Carmack and John Romero laughing their asses off already. Quote me on it.

If i were the smart man here, which i am about what they could have done, hey could have used Creation Club as a means to actually get some extensive and incredibly big mods such as Total Conversions. Total Converions is something thats in a higher level than just modding of new assests and those are the ones that take loads of time and energy and even money from dedicated modders. I mean a high profile Total conversion of either Fallout 4 or Skyrim into something else would MAY BE something worthy of the creation club, not just some items or assets that EVERYONE can get for free from Nexus mods. I mean even total conversions have been done for years as just free passion projects by dedicated modders but again, they could have easily used Creation Club to actually showcase some high profile mods and TCs.

I mean some may call me stupid for it but im willing to pay a bit of cash for an EXTENSIVE Total Conversion of Fallout 4 into say Fallout 1 and 2 but on the Fallout 4 engine AND with additional improvements to the game engine such as every possible bug fix and enchancements to make such TC look as if it was a triple A quality game. And that cash i pay should go more to the modders and of coirse a bit, ONLY A F888998 bit to BethesDONT.

Also to add more salt to the wounds, Bethesda actually gets to keep the proceeds from the purchases. Im not even sure how much do the modders who are part of the creation club earn in return.

HYPER EDIT:
    After reading through more information and listening to much wiser men, i realized the REAL problem of Creation Club.

Essentially you are paying for the CREDITS and not the content itself. And since credits actually cost quite a bit of money, you are essentially paying higher prices for things that should cost less. Its a poor value for consumers, aka us who wish to see whats in store.

Its that bad. You pay more money to buy credits. Paid mods AT LEAST got you the content that you want, not that you didnt want mods to be paid in the first place but its sure HELLUVALOT BETTER than say paying 10USDs to buy Credits just to buy Horse Power Armor right? I mean both are already cancer. One is something cured by chemotheraphy, one is an emerging virus thats out to sodomize your sanity.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Don't forget that every product on the Creation Club is automatically downloaded into your game files, but you can not use those products unless you pay for the esp file to activate it.

To simplyfy, if you download a BCC enabled game, you are forced to install all the products that BCC has for that game, and cannot use the files sitting on your PC until you pay them (Also known as ransomware in the techworld, which is illegal)

That means that currently there is........ 681mb of dead weight on my hdd.

Good job Bethesda, just like that I will not be buying anymore Bsoft games as you've yet again shown that dollar signs matter more than customers. But then that's the whole industry isn't it...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    mmm, bad move. I wonder if it will last long? I know other attempts didn't.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Now come to think about it..

Bad money for value and bad programming all at the same tome.

There should be a mod to fix Creation Club's faulty coding.

Arsenic

Years
    Now come to think about it..

Bad money for value and bad programming all at the same tome.

There should be a mod to fix Creation Club's faulty coding.

New on Creation Club, and for the very reasonable value of $5.99 in game currency, is a fantastic new add-on to remove the creation club! Wow! This might just be the best add-on put to the platform!

-paradox enabled-

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Normally I'd go on a tirade about this sort of thing but...I mean, I think what's been said is about as much as I would say.

So disregarding my opinion on it as a whole, I will say that what they're selling is some of the most illogical shit imaginable. They're micro transactions. Not for collections of things, for mostly single items. At exorbitant prices.

Tell me, really: who the fuck is going to buy a chair in Fallout? Who in their right mind would buy a goddamn chair in their open-world FPSRPG? Am I missing something here? Because the stupidity of what they're putting on sale and the prices at which they're doing it is actually mind boggling.

This was their chance to at least warm people up to paid mods and they actually managed to fuck it up worse than the first time. GG Bethesda. GG.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    All I can say is "Good luck, Bethesda." It's like they've given up on making their own terrible DLC and are now just leeching off terrible fan DLC. It's gotta be cheaper than paying in house programmers.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm comfortable being the odd one out and saying that I'm still excited for this

Honestly, you can blame most of your complaints on Sony anyways. 90% of what the Creation Club does is to get past Sony's major mod cockblocks, as well as limitations placed on mods by both Sony and Microsoft.

The price point? Sure, blame that on Bethesda. But at the same time, it's still cheaper than what a lot of developers might charge for extra content, so whatever. I enjoy Hearthstone. Want a new Hero and cardback, which are just cosmetic alterations to pre-existing classes? Pay $10. Want 250 randomized cards that are mostly going to be common-rarity and/or duplicates of cards you already have? Pay $60. And that's just one example. So many developers do this and do it to the extreme, so it's not just Bethesda in this regard lmao.

Plus modders are totally free to continue doing what they're doing and just make free mods and hope for donations in return. Maybe we should blame them too if they decide to create content for the Creation Club. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Not to call out other players who play on consoles thinking that creation club is a way to get them mods but console mods that are free already exist on Bethesda.net. Nexus for the most part is for PC but i know some Nexus modders also work on console mods.

Oh yeah Sony and 3rd party mods. Trash policy btw haHAA.

Also the fact that Creation Club at its current state automatically installs the mod files of the games that currently support it is still a bugger. ransomwaring is pure bullsh*t. I would not be that mad about Creation Club but thats just a boatload of f**k people cant ignore.

They are working on a fix on said issue. Maybe Bethesda should hire modders to do that sh*t for them too.

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years
    ALRIGHT. IM BACK FROM THE COD WW2 BETA BUT I GOT TO REPLY On MY OWN THREAD.

SO SUP YOU PIECES OF USED WET TISSUE. ANYWAY LETS BEGIN.

First and foremost, people who support creation club should be crucified by Caesar's Legion and be declared profilgates who are meant to be devoured by the Slick Daddy Club. If that didnt make any sense, so does YOUR SUPPORT of such program at its current state. Id wish you may get hit with a bus but even bus drivers would not want to hit on Creation Club Supporters.

Second, COD WW2 is HOT GARBAGE and needs some mods!!! Ok im kidding. In reality second of all its good to point out that the f**king ransomeware is an issue as my harddrive just suddenly got a sh*twad of data that i dont want to use nor support. I have enough Fallout 4 mods already to fill an entire forum of Nexus mods. When Bethesda finally fixes that bulls**t i can finally just go the typical "YOU DONT HAVE TO BUy THEM" argument and the whole "PS4 Fallout 4 players want their mods too ya know" actually F**k that PS4 Fallout 4 and play it on a real Fallout gaming platform. At least Xbox is okay with 3rd party mods.

Third, imma Cosplay that Horse Power Armor because at least Creation Club had goven us something to laugh at.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh yeah Sony and 3rd party mods. Trash policy btw haHAA.

Also the fact that Creation Club at its current state automatically installs the mod files of the games that currently support it is still a bugger. ransomwaring is pure bullsh*t. I would not be that mad about Creation Club but thats just a boatload of f**k people cant ignore.

They are working on a fix on said issue. Maybe Bethesda should hire modders to do that sh*t for them too.

Yeah, the ransomware download strategy is lame, but that too is a workaround to both Sony and Microsoft, since both have placed a limit on how many mods can be installed at any time. By making it an automatic download, it's able to be added while bypassing that limitation.

And that's the issue they're trying to figure out.

So, really, beyond the price point, most complaints about the Creation Club stem from issues that should really be brought up to Sony and Microsoft themselves, rather than Bethesda.

Honestly they're trying to make the best with the shitty hand that's been given to them. The alternative could be to simply drop all support for both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls and just let them naturally fall by the wayside, but I don't think that route would be much fun either. At least this way they're trying to make some progress, and will hopefully eventually figure out how to work it in a manner that will better their future releases.

Arsenic

Years
    I think that it's kind of funny that all of the quality of the paid content is lesser than what is available on Nexus (Excluding that backpack, but it's not 8 dollars better).

I mean

Spoiler:

But even beyond the point of the Free hellfire mod having way better quality textures and modeling, the free version also has more utility with element themed ground slams to make it different from the other power armors in the game. The paid version is just another set of plates.

Creation Club was supposed to be DLC worthy content, instead its just low quality cash grabs. You'd have to be mentally disabled to buy any of these over their free counterparts (or stuck on console luuuul) I suppose they know their market...

Obsidian please save us. After Armored Warefare is done that is... And I guess POEII even though that's not my genre... Anything else you have in the pipes first as well, obviously...

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    The effects of Creation Club manifested:

Spoiler:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The effects of Creation Club manifested:

Spoiler:

Well review bombs are the sad truth of some communities xD Even GTA V which is a HUGE game was affected by it.

Arsenic

Years
    Well review bombs are the sad truth of some communities xD Even GTA V which is a HUGE game was affected by it.

I find review bombs to normally be justified. In this age of only caring about money, there are limited ways to meaningfully reach a publisher. Really bad review means less sales, less sales equals upset publisher. Upset publisher then tells dev to fix it.

Bethesda-soft deserves it anyways. Another company abandoning its fanbase for money signs.

Back