• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca vs Cheren: Who is the better "friend"?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    - Which of the two is the better battler?
    Cheren for sure. He knows how to use his pokemon in a battle. Bianca ddi not really know how to battle.

- Which has the better personality?
    I hate cocky people so I am going with Bianaca. She is nicer and knows how to have fun and doens't exspect to win all the time.

- Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?
    Both are about even,but for diffrent things. Bianaca will be a better reasercher if she was to ever learn how to control her emotions. Cheren would be the better battler once he learns not to be cocky.

- Which character would you go to in an emergency?
    Really depends on the emergency. But I'd say Cheren.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    - Which of the two is the better battler? Cheren, but Bianca would probably be better if she got the starter that's super effective against yours.
    - Which has the better personality? Cheren's personality is absolutely horrible. Bianca, by far.
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Both of them would. I don't see how one would be more successful in life over the others. In what ways do you mean? Cheren will go on to become a successful battler, and I can see Bianca eventually finding a place in Nimbasa City. Be it in the musical, or becoming a model.
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Bianca would probably respond more. Cheren would probably end up talking too much and then when you told him what was up, he'd say something annoying like "Why didn't you say that in the first place?!!!" that would make you want to punch him in the teeth.

I probably wouldn't be friends with Cheren if I had the choice. u_____u

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022

- Which of the two is the better battler?Cheren with his smart plays
    - Which has the better personality? Bianca. I like her personality. So naive...
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Bianca, cuz I'm sure she'll be the next professor
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Cheren. I believe he's a great friend and he will help me right in the moment and he won't come too late

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years

- Which of the two is the better battler? Cheren, at least in the beginning. At the end it evens out, and Bianca's team is a lot more formidable.
    - Which has the better personality? Definitely Bianca. She's full of life and always friendly. Cheren is an ass.
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Both really. But Bianca is working with the professor and all Cheren does is lurk in that cave...waiting to battle...every day.
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Bianca.

Yeah, I don't like Cheren at all. Bianca on the other hand is my favorite 'rival' so far.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Bianca would probably respond more. Cheren would probably end up talking too much and then when you told him what was up, he'd say something annoying like "Why didn't you say that in the first place?!!!" that would make you want to punch him in the teeth.

I probably wouldn't be friends with Cheren if I had the choice. u_____u

Really? I never thought of it that way, it's true Cheren would be self-obsessed while Bianca, although probably would fail at first, would actually be able to eventually help out. I guess I totally forgot about how Cheren can be and didn't take that into consideration. Wonderful point! 10/10 for you.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Really? I never thought of it that way, it's true Cheren would be self-obsessed while Bianca, although probably would fail at first, would actually be able to eventually help out. I guess I totally forgot about how Cheren can be and didn't take that into consideration. Wonderful point! 10/10 for you.
    Don't you remember when Team Plasma stole that little girl's Pokémon near the daycare, and Cheren came in and was obsessively talking about what he was going to do and then Bianca was like "OMG SHUT UP CHEREN THIS GIRL GOT HER POKEMON STOLEN!!!!" (paraphrasing) and he was like "OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT WE'LL GET IT BACK!!!" Tut tut, Nica, tut tut. Of course he's going to repeat that kind of behavior when it matters again!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Cheren really didn't do it for me, fun to battle but his attitude was kinda bad. Bianca on the other hand was great, my favourite!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2013
    bianca was rude, she just ditched u for her new friends and was all liek 'well fancy seeing you here' while cheren although also did his own thing, was still there by your side ready to help

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    - Which of the two is the better battler? Why, Cheren, of course. Bianca was never really a challenge. Though I'm glad she was there because she helped my pokedex fill up a little more.
    - Which has the better personality? Bianca. She is nicer to her pokemon. Cheren only wants to be strong. And Bianca is just... silly.
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? I think they both would do well. They both have different views but that doesn't mean they both won't succeed.
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Cheren, because he is much more serious than Bianca.

Hyblud

Always Happy
    Years
    - Which of the two is the better battler? Cheren is the better battler. I struggled a little bit with our starter battle...I was at a type disadvantage... ;_;
    Bianca! Most definitely! Cheren's know-it-all personality was kind of irritating while Bianca was just happy and fun!
    Well...even if they are totally different people, that doesn't mean one should fail and one should succeed. I think they'll both succeed in their own way.
    If I go to Bianca...she might freak out too. So...Cheren. Since he'd probably be more level headed.

Years
    Which of the two is the better battler?
    Cheren, of course. Didn't he make his way through the Elite 4 as well?

Which has the better personality?
    I honestly found Cheren to the more interesting of the two.

Which character would you go to in an emergency?
    Let's go with Cheren. He seems to be the more level-headed one, and on top of that, he's more powerful.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Silly question imo, Bianca battles like she has a mentally challenged, hand while cheren, while having better leveled pokés, still doesnt really get the concept of "stratergy". So, to sum up, Bianca has no brain, and Cheren doesnt use his. Cheren wins.

Which has the best personality?

I tend to like Bianca more, because she is more cheerful, more sociable and is generally open mined. Cheren is dead set focused on being the best, he never seems cheery. You can imagine him having no social life what so ever. If you were to travel around Unova would you train train and train? Or would you train, go site seeing, meet new people, hang out with friends ect? I mean traings important, but i think he got a little obssesed.

For the excact reasons above, but the other person, id go with Cheren. While Bianca is fun and all, sometimes you do need to be serious and knuckle down, but i honestly cant see bianca doing that. Cheren just seems cool and calm, i dont think Bianca could comprehend an emergency. So Id pick Cheren

I know, im harsh lol

Last edited:

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    As you all know, Bianca and Cheren are your "friends" in-game. However!

etc! Feel free to discuss any and all of these points (and more if you can think of them) in relation to Bianca/Cheren.

Which of the two is the better battler?
    I think Bianca is the better battler. Sure Cheren is strong but Bianca has much more latent potential.

Which has the better personality?
    Bianca of course. Cheren's all serious 100% of the time personality is no match for Bianca's upbeat cheerful positive attitude.

Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?
    Cheren, he's more focused and sure of himself.

Cheren once again; because he's more focused. Bianca is too easily distracted.

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
    Cheren, hands down. Bianca didn't seem too serious about battling. Cheren on the other hand is a different story. His post-storyline team is quite the challenge.

Bianca hands down. I wasn't too fond of Cheren's personality in the beginning of the game to begin with. He was just telling you what to do in the beginning of the game. Cheren to me just seems to be motivation driven as the game progresses. However, I found Bianca's personality to be warm, welcoming, and bubbly. It just feels welcoming, and that's what's needed, imo.

I can see Bianca being a future Professor just because she's under Professor Juniper's wing. Although, she did seem quite interested in the musicals when you got to Nimbasa City. Either way, I think she'll be successful at what future endeavors happen to arise. Cheren on the other hand is more motivation driven. I can see him being the Champion, or at least a member of the Elite Four.

Honestly, Cheren. I feel as if Bianca would end up confused and asking me questions such as "Oh gosh, what do we do now?" or something along those lines. Although, I guess it depends on the situation that happens to arise.

Back